No follow me car to and from gate at KSEA

Hi;

I did a flight from KSFO to KSEA (Seattle Taxi2gate) airport. When I landed I was cleared by ATC to proceed to Gate Sierra1. When I invoked AES (Shift+A+W),the menu flashed for about 2 seconds and then disappeared  with no options attached is a  photo. I ended up using the old FSX yellow lines. When I arrived at the gate the Marshal was waiting to guide me in, so AES knew I was arriving. This is not the only time, it also occurred at KSFO (Flightbeam HD), exactly the same thing.

Also when leaving, I got pushback and then when I invoked the menu I got the follow me car option to another gate but not to a runway, which is wired. I also attached a photo of the options available. I cycled through all of the options to see if a runway option would appear but only gates no runways. I am not running any DEMO versions all are full (paid) versions. I tired everything possible but nothing.

The picture (-56) is just after I landed no options to the gate, and the other is I am about to taxi to a runway after push back and getting the ok from the Marshal to taxi.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

• Developer

Regarding the Followme to runway, that is not implemented in AES, as i never see it in real world that a followme must used to find the runway.

Regarding the empty window I have no idea yet, never see such an issue. Must try it, when I am back in office next week.

On 4/18/2016 at 0:31 AM, OPabst said:

Regarding the Followme to runway, that is not implemented in AES, as i never see it in real world that a followme must used to find the runway.

Regarding the empty window I have no idea yet, never see such an issue. Must try it, when I am back in office next week.

Thanks, do let me know if there is any more information I could provide in the interim. I also tried it at various times during taxing to the gate, thinking that maybe I was out of range or something:mellow:.

In terms of the follow me car to the runway. I could have sworn that I saw it on one of the demo European airports, backing up Pianisthuy’s statement. I could be wrong but I will check again.

Thanks.

Forshaw.

Hi;

I do have an update. So I decided to go to the airport directly by choosing 'Go to Airport"  via the FSX menu and selecting the runway I was cleared to land via my actual flight. Once at the beginning I then taxied to the same turnoff I did from flight and then invoked AES, and I did get the Follow me car menu.

So in a nutshell, I don't get the Follow me menu once I land after a flight, but do get it if I go directly to the airport runway via the Go to Airport menu in FSX. Very strange.

Hope this helps in determining what may be the issue.

Thanks again.

Forshaw.

• 1 month later...
On April 18, 2016 at 0:31 AM, OPabst said:

Hi Oliver, just checking to see if you were able to further look into the problem. I am still experiencing the problem.

Thanks.

Forshaw. 

• 1 month later...

HI;

Any update on this issue? I am still experiencing the problem. The other thing I noticed is I will get the full menu once I get closer to the assigned parking gate, but again not when I exit the runway after landing. It seems to be some sort of a range issue.

Hoping you can provide a solution to this issue which is occurring at both KSEA and KSFO.

Thanks.

Forshaw.

• 7 months later...

Hi;

So I finally figured out why the Follow Me window is not displaying the options when I land.

It turned out that if I do a "Replay" after landing the option window is blank and then disappears. When I land and don't do a Replay then the menu is ok. I sometimes do a replay just to view my landing from the outside to made sure I am landing correctly, correct flare at the right time 

Any idea why by doing a replay will cause the menu not to work, is there a fix that I am missing?

Thanks again.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw

Archived