AES using multiple simulators

Hi Oliver

After years of building and continually improving FS2004, with the majority of developers no longer making sceneries for FS2004, I have decided to finally give FSX a try.

For many years I have been using AES, with 163 airports activated. What I want to know is:

1) Can I have AES installed on the same computer and use on both simulators?

2) Luckily many of the airports I have purchased are for both FS2004 and FSX, so I can install again for FSX. Is it possible to transfer over the AES files for these airports, or do I need to purchase more credits and activate again?

Obviously some of the airports are either not available on FSX or I have no intention of purchasing again, but some I will need to purchase again and hence activate AES.

Many thanks

Richard

• Developer

As long as you use the Microsoft Version of FSX (with SP2 or ACC-Pack, not Steam Edition), you only need to Run the AES installer again after FSX is installed.

You will get another AES Shortcut on the desktop, so you have one for FS9 and one for FSX.

Credits and airport activation will be transferred automaticaly. All Addon, witch are available for both FS Versions are active and can be used for both.

When AES is updated, keep both Versions on the same level, so run the AES installer always two times for each FS Version.

That's brilliant - exactly what I was hoping.

I will of course download the FSX vehicle textures, but thank you very much.

Richard

Archived