Question about AIRAC NavDataPro and aeronautical charts

aletaras

Hello guys,
I have a flight simulator Lockheed Martin Prepar3D V3 and Aerosoft Airbus X, you can indicate what are the aeronautical charts in sync with the AIRAC NavDataPro that you have to use? I wait for your feedback, thanks greetings.

Alessandro

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Alessandro,

that full depends on the AIRAC cycle you are using. If you stay with the one that comes with the bus (which is outdated) you have to look for historical maps on the internet. If you keep your AIRAC cycle up to date you have to get your fingers also on the current maps.

I for myself use Navigraph nav data and also the Navigrpah charts. That keeps the nav data and charts as close together as possible at the moment.

Hi Tom,
you mean that you are using the AIRAC Navigraph?
I use the AIRAC NavDataPro annual subscription 2016, constantly updated every month, though an example do you, if you make an approach at the airport of Naples star Sor 2A landing at runway 24 ILS Z, the altitude is not the same anymore;
because the AIRAC NavDataPro have the IF point Bento Feet in 7000, while the Navigraph aeronautical charts tell you that the IF point is at 5900 feet, imagine what happens with IVAO controllers; In fact, it is successful and I was on UNICOM without ATC that are not able to capture the Glidescope;
I once tried to install the AIRAC Navigraph, however, I noticed that at some stage especially in the approaches cause of the strange interruption then maybe join up, or are overly tight turns, once approaching Catania KAG to reach the right altitude to short final 5500 feet has formed a circle that seemed to be made with the compass, I do not think something so real;
however, my impression is that Aerosoft Airbus X has a better inclination towards AIRAC NavDataPro, the problem remains a perfect sync with some specific aeronautical charts, I await your advice and feedback hello thanks.

Alessandro

• Deputy Sheriffs

The Navigraph charts are always a little bit behind the Navigraph nav data. But even if the maps are outdated, my FMC uses the most recent data, so it contains all constraints and makes sure that I will fly the approach properly.

However Tom, as I my AIRAC NavDataPro annual subscription 2016, and constantly update each month.

I wanted to ask, if I install the AIRAC Navigraph, the NavDataPro go completely uninstall and install the right Navigraph manager?

Alessandro

• Deputy Sheriffs

And thats the same for me. I also update my AIRAC cycle every month. That makes sure that my FMC is up to date and uses the same data as IVAO/VATSIM and all the flight planing tools I am using. 

What I am saying is: I rely on the nav data, not on the charts. 

In case you fly in Europe you can get the most recent charts always from EuroControl:

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadcms/eadsite/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=25&Itemid=3.html

1 hour ago, aletaras said:

NavDataPro have the IF point Bento Feet in 7000, while the Navigraph aeronautical charts tell you that the IF point is at 5900 feet

In the Navigraph charts, the IF (Intermediate Fix) is at 5900, but BENTO is an IAF (Initial Approach Fix) at 7000 ft. See attachment. Perhaps you are confusing the IF and IAF. The charts are updated every 2nd AIRAC cycle, and they were just updated, so they should be current.

Regards,

Stephen

Please login to display this image.

Yes, but you can not stay at 7000 feet, the Airbus on the Primary Display tells you MORE DRAG! magenta dot goes down because the Glidescope is at 5900 feet; This problem occurs if you have the AIRAC Navigraph  installed, but if you have installed the AIRAC NavDataPro this does not happen, I hope that I explained.

NavDataPro glidescope appears to feet 7000

Navigraph glidescope appears to feet 5900

Alessandro 

Hello Alessandro,

to be sure you interpret the charts correctly: You got a procedure minimums of 7000ft until BENTO, thereafter the minimum altitude is 5900. Therefore after BENTO you can descend to 5900, after the IF at 16 DME from INPL you can descend to 4830, etc.

Our NavDataPro data comes directly from Lufthansa Systems, who are also the provider for the Navigraph Chart. Therefore the data you get from us is identical with the data on the Charts by Navigraph.

Archived