how to use with Multicore Next (a CPU cores manager)?

stewl

I use a utility called Multicore Next from FSPS to allocate fixed CPU cores to specific apps. This works well and helps things run smoothly. But, it needs to be the one that starts the execution of FSX and also the add-ons.  SIMSTARTER also needs to be the one to start FSX. Is there any way these two utilities can be used together?

Not familiar with Multicore, but if you change the RunSet to << DON'T START ANYTHING >>, then everything occurs except the actions specified in the RunSet, one of which is the launch of the simulator (example fsx.exe).

Ernie

• Deputy Sheriffs

Why not start simstarter via that tool and let it treat it like it treated FSX before? I would expect that apps started from simstarter would then be treated the same way,they sort of inherit everything. Would be at least worth a try. 

You can use the freeware version of simstarter for this test, so you don't need to spend money before knowing if it works for you or not. 

• 1 month later...

I would appreciate your help. I bought a minutes ago SIMSTARTER NG and I am looking the manual and at the same time checking simstarter. 

My problem is here:

in the manual I see the option NEW-MODIFY PROGRAMS...Ad or modify a program to at run list:

program

parameter

priority

windows style

USE CPU CORES (HERE IS MY PROBLEM) the manual shows core0,core1,core2,core3. In my options I cant see the option of use cpu cores my PC processor is intel core 2 quad cpu Q6600 (4CPUs) 2.4GHZ

I upload a image how I see this option.

I hope that you can help me and explain why I dont have this option.

Greetings,

Hernando

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Are you sure you are on the latest version (v1.1.0 (build 01))?

I have the core selection.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

I guess we have to wait for Pero to join in again into this topic. He will know why that core selection box is missing on your machine.

• Developer

To see this "Core" options you need to start NG with Administrator Rights.
Sorry, this is not very clear at the manuals. Simply start NG with Admin Rights and it is there.

Technical background: A normal user can't change this settings.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived