AES 2.42b is available now

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Developer
vor 5 Minuten, TXL12 sagte:

I am getting following error, when trying to activate LEVC...

Please login to display this image.

Please update the scenery to the newest version.

Hello Oliver I have same error  I have new down load and installed LEVC so version 1.10 the new AES 2.42 and the error is coming from the SODE 1,3 that comes from LEVC its causing problems on a couple of other airports.

• Developer
vor 21 Minuten, Fred Pickering sagte:

Hello Oliver I have same error  I have new down load and installed LEVC so version 1.10 the new AES 2.42 and the error is coming from the SODE 1,3 that comes from LEVC its causing problems on a couple of other airports.

Yes, it is always a problem to use older SODE Version together with the new Versions 1.3.x, that will not work.

So first collect all new Installers of sceneries using SODE, like Rom or the Drzwiecki Airports like EPWA, the most Addon using SODE should now be 1.3.x updated

Then take care the the old SODE Version is removed (no SODE Folder under FSX Mainfolder and removed from DLL.XML and EXE.XML)

Then you can remove and reinstall the Addons. When all is done, AES will detect all Airports in the new SODE Config and this Error should be gone and SODE will work correct with all the other stuff done by SODE files.

Well Oliver looks like I have been grounded. Stupid me did not make a back up and the addins in the taskbar have gone eg FSUICP EZDok  PMDG still the AES still did not function. I have tried a system recovery but still after 1 hour my computer has still not booted. never SODE off again. Tell your ground staff they can go on holiday.

Please login to display this image.

Also issues with 2.42and LEVC ; the xml is present where it should be and reverting back to 2.41 no problem so no AES with LEVC in 2.42

All other airports fine even MYNN where I moved the xml file to Programme data location and now AES works fine there

Have to say getting very fed up with SODE

John

PS reinstalled LEVC after installing 2.42

• Developer

Can you please test, if anything changed regarding LEVC activation, when you start AEShelp with Run as Administrator?

Will check it tomorrow with SODE 1.3.2, had only 1.3.1 before.

Hi Oliver

Same result when running as Administrator after installing SODE 1.3.2 just havent reverted to 1.41 this time.

Looks like an issue with AES 2.42 as OK in previous release got cfg error specifying LEVC 1.10 but activated fine

John

AES shows LEVC but in dark green and "off" is shown As it is normally is in red when you don't have the airport.. I have also seen SODE wants to install in program file\x86 and you cannot install it as Admin either 1,3 1,31 or 1,32. I removed ALL files As you said also followed the instructions from the SODE home page.It looks like SODE is blocking things as all the file paths in the error Windows which cannot be found exist. Forgot to mention the jetways function after installing with the Taskbar SODE program

21 minutes ago, Fred Pickering said:

AES shows LEVC but in dark green and "off" is shown As it is normally is in red when you don't have the airport..

same as above and in addition AES LIB file present in LEVC scenery folder so its beiing picked up OK just not activating.

John

• Developer

Ok,

have checked my code and see the following issues when you use SODE:

When you use SODE older then 1.3.0, where the SODE Folder is below <FSX> Mainpath, all will be fine.

When you use SODE 1.3.0 or newer, you must take care, that you delete the old SODE Version complete, also the SODE Folder below FSX Mainfolder must be renamed (for example in SODE-OLD) or deleted.

Will change this part in my code for next version to handle it better here. At the moment AESHelp "thinks" the old SODE Version is still active, when it folder the SODE Folder below FSX Mainfolder.

Hello Oliver, I tried KDEN airport flightbeam gate B38 after installing AES 2.42 but only one jetway is connecting to PMDG 777 at gate B38 did you forgot to fix this?

Can you please take à look at post nr 15

Flightbeam scenery KDEN Denver Int aiport one jetway is connecting?

Regards Robert

• Developer
vor 17 Minuten, Von Rondstadd sagte:

Hello Oliver, I tried KDEN airport flightbeam gate B38 after installing AES 2.42 but only one jetway is connecting to PMDG 777 at gate B38 did you forgot to fix this?

Can you please take à look at post nr 15

Flightbeam scenery KDEN Denver Int aiport one jetway is connecting?

Regards Robert

Unpack the attached file to the <FSX>\Aerosoft\AES\DATA Folder an replace the old file.

Fix KDEN Pos B38 for AES 242 only.zip

48 minutes ago, OPabst said:

Ok,

have checked my code and see the following issues when you use SODE:

When you use SODE older then 1.3.0, where the SODE Folder is below <FSX> Mainpath, all will be fine.

When you use SODE 1.3.0 or newer, you must take care, that you delete the old SODE Version complete, also the SODE Folder below FSX Mainfolder must be renamed (for example in SODE-OLD) or deleted.

Will change this part in my code for next version to handle it better here. At the moment AESHelp "thinks" the old SODE Version is still active, when it folder the SODE Folder below FSX Mainfolder.

Have done all you suggested; error seems to be in the coding of 2.42 as it doesnt recognise the LEVC xml file

Confirming my suspision this is AES error latest SODE log shows allxml files inc LEVC present and working correctly(see attachement) also jetways seem to have been disabled in sim.

Any chance of a fix please?

SODE.log

• Developer
vor 16 Minuten, ugandaone sagte:

having said that just noticed there is an error in the jetway.cfg path now even more confused:unsure:

I found the issue, is a missing file in the installer of 2.42, must be fix on Monday. Have add the fix for that at the first post here.

Users who had LEVC in Version 1.10 already running with 2.41 and installed 2.42 just over the old version, will not see this issue, as the file is already there.

User who get the Error posted here in Post #10 will have the issue with the old <FSX>\SODE Folder. So both are different issues, which I can not change before Monday by replacing the Installer by Aerosoft.

The Issue with the Jetways in the LOG would be a Installererror of the Valencia Scenery itself. Please check, if there is a SimObjects Folder below the SODE Programe Path C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE (not the ProgramData !)

If so, and there is subfolder Latinwings_ValenciaX below, then move this folder to the C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjects folder and delete the Simobjects folder below the Program Files SODE path

The installer of the scenery had placed the jetway simobjects at the wrong location, so they will not be fould be SODE and the FSX.

• OPabst locked this topic
  • OPabst unpinned this topic

Archived