Multi-monitor use / pop-up panels

Dear Community,
may I suggest a sticky thread on using Aerosoft's Airbus with multiple monitors?

In know that the Aerobus was not developed with this in mind. But used PC Monitors can be found at prices cheaper than some add-on aircraft, and any graphics card that is needed to run FSX reasonably well will have the option to at least connect a second monitor.  

Personally, I am running three monitors - one for the VC, one for PFD/ND and a touchscreen for the FMC. This has worked very well with all of my aircraft, especially since the touchscreen FMC is a good way to avoid being limited only one type of aicraft by expensive hardware.

So far I have come across the following solutions:

Adding another camera view:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/87280-add-a-pfd-and-nd-popup/

(This had a severe impact FPS)

Additional panel:

http://www.avsim.com/topic/460163-clickspot-gauge-for-popup-a320-pfd/

(Still an impact on FPS, but much lower).

The problem with the second option is that it seems to me that the PFD is sizeable while the ND is not. In order to have a reasonably sized ND, you have to lower the second monitor's resolution.

I would appreciate a fruitful exchange on this topic, here.

Best regards,
Holger

SIM: FS9/2004 // FSX

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K 4x3.40GHz, GPU: ASUS GTX 760 Direct CU II OC, GeForce® 9800 GTX +
MB: ASRock Z87 Extreme6 Z87 ATX DDR3
RAM: Crucial 4GB PC3-12800 DDR3-1600 CL8 Ballistix Tactical

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Holger,

that's a good idea. This topic is sticky/pinned now ;) 

Everybody is invited to add to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i'm a multy monitor user and i'd like the possibility to have in 2D Windows the PFD+ND and the RIGHT MCDU.

This will beeasy to move to the other monitors.

Thanks a lot

• 2 months later...

I recently starting using a touchscreen monitors for MCDUs. The left MCDU of course has a 2d-pop-up which can be positioned on the touchscreen monitor. But the right MCDU does not.

So after a bit of experimenting I was able to add a 2D pop-up for the right MCDU. It involves modifying the panel.cfg of course but also copying a few existing gauge xml files and editing them. Not too complicated.

I can post the instructions if there no objections from the moderators.

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm looking long time for this airbus. The reason why I'm still on Wilco airbus is 2D panel on multi monitors in my home cockpit. Can you please send me your panel.cfg for 2D gauges on multi monitor. My email: borna.grizelj@zg.ht.hr. Thanks for any answer.

Poslano sa mog SM-G920F koristeći Tapatalk

Archived