Two questions - Time and ORBX settings

dom8984

Just purchased SIMStarter - first impressions are that I'm impressed. Two quick questions:

• In "main settings > situation" I only see a 12 hour clock when choosing the date and time of the flight. There's no indication whether the time shown is AM or PM! Am I missing something?
  • I use ORBX scenery and have been using FTX Central 2 to manage this. Does this mean that in "Extended Settings > ORBX" I should choose "Use ORBX FTX Central 2 Dialog" and that SimStarter cannot manage my ORBX settings?

Thanks in advance.

Dominic

• Developer
vor 7 Stunden , dom8984 sagte:

In "main settings > situation" I only see a 12 hour clock when choosing the date and time of the flight. There's no indication whether the time shown is AM or PM! Am I missing something?

Pretty good point. Should be fixed with next release.

vor 7 Stunden , dom8984 sagte:
  • I use ORBX scenery and have been using FTX Central 2 to manage this. Does this mean that in "Extended Settings > ORBX" I should choose "Use ORBX FTX Central 2 Dialog" and that SimStarter cannot manage my ORBX settings?

Should work that way: If you want to use "Norway" - select "Norway". If you want to fly in "Europe" select "Europe" e.g.

If you select "Use FTX Central Dialog" he will pop up the normal "FTX Dialog" to do all things manually.

Does that answers your question?

Thanks for your reply. I think I understand the ORBX point now. Does using SimStarter to set the region and using FTX Central v2 work in exactly the same way? There's no disadvantage by using SimStarter to select the region?

I look forward to seeing the update to fix the time issue. it's quite confusing.

Thanks again.

• Developer
vor 4 Stunden , dom8984 sagte:

Thanks for your reply. I think I understand the ORBX point now. Does using SimStarter to set the region and using FTX Central v2 work in exactly the same way? There's no disadvantage by using SimStarter to select the region?

I look forward to seeing the update to fix the time issue. it's quite confusing.

Thanks again.

No - there is no "voodoo" (so far). *lol*

He just run's FTX Central with a command line switch - like you could do it by hand. It's a full supported way to switch the regions. 

The BETA Team confirmed, that everthing is in 24 hrs format now. Update will come soon.

Hallo Pero,

das ganz noch mal in Deutsch.

Ich verwende auch das FTX Central Tool um Orbx zu steuern.

Wenn ich das richtig verstehe muss mann nur die "Verwende ORBX Regionen auswählen" wenn  FTX Cetral Orbx steuern soll. Nix anderes.......

Gruß

Frank

Archived