Feature request - allow the execution of batch files (*.cmd)

fsimonline

Hello Peter,

I just bought Simstarter NG. It’s a great tool and highly recommended. Nevertheless I have a feature request for you. Please extend your CleanDesk Function and allow the execution of a few batch files.

Why?

I use a batch file (executed with admin rights) before starting P3D in order to close certain services and processes. The reason is, I do not want  Adobe, Apple, Acronis, Asus and so on calling home and requesting processor power while I am in midst of a final approach.
Often it’s necessary to stop services (kill Processes) in a certain order to avoid an automatic restart of them.
Kind regards
Hannes

An extract of my batch file:

echo ------- beende dienste (close services)

net stop AdobeUpdateService
net stop AdobeARMservice

net stop Apple Mobile Device Service
net stop iPod-Dienst
net stop jetbrainsetw….
net stop MSSQL$SQLEX0
net stop MSSQL$SQLEX2
net stop SQLWriter

net stop SQLBrowser
net stop… and so on

echo ------- entferne Processe (kill processes)

taskkill /im "TrueImage Sync Agent Service" /F

taskkill /im "Bluetooth Radio Management Support" /F
taskkill /im "CCLibrary.exe" /F
taskkill /im "CCXProcess.exe" /F
taskkill /im "AdobeIPCBroker.exe" /F
taskkill /im acrotray.exe
taskkill /im "Creative Cloud.exe" /F
taskkill /im "Adobe Desktop Service.exe" /F
taskkill /im "Adobe Desktop Service.exe" /F
taskkill /im "Adobe CEF Helper.exe" /F
taskkill /im "iTunesHelper.exe" /F
taskkill /im "jusched.exe" /F
taskkill /im "notepad++.exe" /F
taskkill /im "TibMounterMonitor.exe" /F
taskkill /im "TrueImageMonitor.exe" /F
taskkill /im "Wacom_Tablet.exe" /F
taskkill /im "Wacom_TabletUser.exe" /F
taskkill …

Please login to display this image.

Try adding the batch files to the RunSet before the P3D.exe, or in my case FSX.exe entry.  SIMStarter should execute the batch files prior to launching the simulator.

Ernie

• Developer
vor 11 Stunden , hhbrbg sagte:

[...] I just bought Simstarter NG. It’s a great tool and highly recommended. Nevertheless I have a feature request for you. Please extend your CleanDesk Function and allow the execution of a few batch files. [...]

Thank you for that great feedback!

I think Ernie had a great workarround. We thought about improving the CleanDesk capabilities by Starting and Stopping Windows Services as well. And I would be a "no-Brainer" to add a kind of "batch script" for Start/Stop. Can't promise when and if it will be included - but I wrote it to the feature requests. :O)

On 10.4.2016 at 16:25, airernie sagte:

Try adding the batch files to the RunSet before the P3D.exe, or in my case FSX.exe entry.  SIMStarter should execute the batch files prior to launching the simulator.

Ernie

Hi Ernie,

Great, thank you, I will do so. :-)

Hannes

vor 22 Stunden , Capt. PERO sagte:

Thank you for that great feedback!

I think Ernie had a great workarround. We thought about improving the CleanDesk capabilities by Starting and Stopping Windows Services as well. And I would be a "no-Brainer" to add a kind of "batch script" for Start/Stop. Can't promise when and if it will be included - but I wrote it to the feature requests. :O)

Hi Capt. Pero,

Thank you for kind reply. I think you hit the nail with ST NG. I assume you already know this , frooglesim mentioned ST NG in his froogle news and bought one copy of it. I hope you sell a lot of copies. :-)

Kind regards

Hannes

Archived