Airbus A320/21 unable to close doors

dgeddes

Hi,

I'm having a small issue at the moment, on my Aerosoft Airbus A320/21 package. When I start a new free flight, approximately 80% of the time, the door controls on the Right MCDU don't work. For example, I usually put the aircraft in Turn Around Mode and then the doors are opened automatically. But problems then start when I try and close the doors. They just won't close when I click on each individual door in the Right MCDU menu. So far, my only solution to this is to restart the flight, and then the doors are fine. Is anyone else having this issue? It can be quite inconvenient at times because I may have set up the complete flight plan, and then find that I have to restart the flight because the doors won't close! Therefore, I have to set everthing up all over again. So at the moment, I am having to test the doors before I start setting the aircraft up, just in case they will refuse to close later.

It only happens on the first flight I fly in FSX after starting it up. Afterwards, everything is fine. Does anyone have any suggestions to a fix for this?

Many thanks.

I always start from cold and dark and I never experience this issue. However, there seems to be a problem (ok not really a problem, more of a very minor issue) with the forward left passenger door and the forward cargo door. When you click to close either of them, you have to wait until they are completely closed before closing the next one. Otherwise it will open again. You haven't specified which doors won't close so this may or may not be related.

The second thing I will ask, are you unsing GSX? Because GSX has a very specific pattern you need to follow for opening and closing doors, and it will not allow you to open or close certain doors out of sequence or at certain times.

Hi there,

Thanks for you reply to this post. No, I do not run GSX on my PC, but I can understand how that might interfere with the pattern of opening and closing the doors. Basically, when I try to close the doors after setting up the aircraft from turn around mode, the doors will not close, no matter how many times I click on the buttons. I don't have any issues with some closing and others don't. Basicallly, if one will not close, none of the others will close either.

When, start from turn around mode, by default, all four main doors are automatically opened. These are the front-left passenger, back-left passenger, front-right cargo and back-right cargo. When it comes to closing all of them, none will close. I have to restart the flight and then they respond fine. Is this just a bug?

Early on in testing, I remember an issue with this when using the copilot function. It wasn't a software issue, it was that I wasn't performing a particular step before the doors would close.  I don't use the copilot scripting (it was just that once), but if you are doing so then that may be the issue and you'll have to find out what the copilot script is waiting for.

I remember having an issue like this (can't remember if it was the exact same issue) and it turned out it was due to me being parked beside a fuel station. After replacing the aircraft to another spot I didn't have this problem anymore. Sounds odd but this is what happened. So you might want to check if you are perhaps near a fuel station when this happens.

There's indeed a bug in FSX with the doors when parking near a fuel station (within the area of the actual fuel trigger defined in the AFCAD).

I doubt that this the problem here though, since the OP says he's having issues only on the first flight after starting FSX.

Hi there again,

I have recently installed the latest version of the Aerosoft Airbus Software from the Aerosoft website, and this now seems to have fixed the bug. So in the future, I will always check that I have the latest version installed. The problem must have been a bug in the original version. Many thanks for your suggestions anyway.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived