Preview: Aerosoft Gliders

Very nice. How far away is the motor glider version from being released?

Cheers, :)

Don

BTW Peter Lurkens, the author of Cumulus has found a way to put ridge lift into FSX using .slo files created in CCS2004. These files for some areas of the world can be downloaded at AVSIM. The program is called CumulusX and is presently in the alpha stage

• 3 weeks later...

Must be time for another visual update Joachim? :D

bought Dillingham and Hawaii megascenery this week ready for the Discus.... just hope someone can come up with some ridge lift for those mountains...my first attempt at Gliding along them ended in disaster :D

Wow this glider looks Excellent. It will definately be on my addons list along with the Hawaii scenery that has just come out. Any more news on its expected release date? As others I hope there will be something like Emma field released or maybe a dedicated glider addon scenery file where winch launches and tow launches are available, and that add in wave lift and ridge lift. Maybe I am asking for too much now though :lol:

I to really enjoy gliding in the sim, it may not be the most realistic gliding sim but I still enjoy it. I will look forward to any gliders that Aerosoft look to release :D

I'm sure you will get no end of sugestions from all of us budding glider fliers of the sim. Personally I have always liked the shape of the Pik20 glider. I dont know it's performance specs but it too had a motor variant, the Pik20E. I have always thought it a nice looking glider. I like the newer ASW's too though......so many to choose from!!!

One thing with the current discus. I would say keep the pilot but could you make it so that he is wearing a parachute? I think it would just finish off the cockpit area so much better. Just my opinion though.

Keep up the great work guys 8)

• Aerosoft
Wow this glider looks Excellent. It will definately be on my addons list along with the Hawaii scenery that has just come out. Any more news on its expected release date? As others I hope there will be something like Emma field released or maybe a dedicated glider addon scenery file where winch launches and tow launches are available, and that add in wave lift and ridge lift. Maybe I am asking for too much now though :lol:

I to really enjoy gliding in the sim, it may not be the most realistic gliding sim but I still enjoy it. I will look forward to any gliders that Aerosoft look to release :D

I'm sure you will get no end of sugestions from all of us budding glider fliers of the sim. Personally I have always liked the shape of the Pik20 glider. I dont know it's performance specs but it too had a motor variant, the Pik20E. I have always thought it a nice looking glider. I like the newer ASW's too though......so many to choose from!!!

One thing with the current discus. I would say keep the pilot but could you make it so that he is wearing a parachute? I think it would just finish off the cockpit area so much better. Just my opinion though.

Keep up the great work guys 8)

Parachute.... mmmm... not sure. Here is how Karl Otto (the pilot) now looks. (note you need to be logged on to see the image)

the pilot will get a parachute for sure!!!

you can't sit in a discus without one, (or with a big pillow....)

Exactly what I was thinking, though I have only ever been in one real glider, an ASK21, though this had the recess in the seat for the parachute and it was the parachute that was your cushion.

I don't mean a working one, just that the pilot should be wearing one.

Still it looks as though this has been already thought of so top news :D

the pilot will get a parachute for sure!!!

you can't sit in a discus without one, (or with a big pillow....)

:wink: hehe neither can you in a blanik i did like an hours flight and my ass felt like it was made of wood:P

"Karl Otto"?! are you mad? honestly, give him him a proper name...

I am missing a chute, too. I did a guest flight once and I was glad to have one... it's a nice cushion as Paul already said^^

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps thats another model?... I was looking at pics of Discus on the internet yesterday and there seem to be quite a few models around... Lucky for me Joachim chose the one I like best... yeh :)

Like those interior views looking back toward the pilot and rear of plane ...are you going to include those on the finished product? ... hope so :) all adds to the immersive feeling of being there.