Preview: Aerosoft Gliders

• 3 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft
would it be an idea to control the disturbers with your joystick throttle on the pure soaoring aircraft?

Mmmm.... I am not a big fan of this as we got two motorized versions and one full glider. Any other suggestions (as this IS a issue we are discussing now)

well at least it has to be able to get set stageless in order to maintain the proper glidepath. and the solution of microsoft is truly worthless.

bt if that isnt possile long live the sideway skid:P

• Aerosoft
well at least it has to be able to get set stageless in order to maintain the proper glidepath. and the solution of microsoft is truly worthless.

bt if that isnt possile long live the sideway skid:P

I am not sure I understand you Maverick (regarding the 'stageless'), please explain your worries.

I think, he means analoge, not in steps.

And the spoilers will be linked to the throttlelever for sure.

The spoilers are much more important for a glider than the throttle.

Only Discus BM has a throttle, and this will be anywhere else...

I think the new glider looks beautiful. I can't wait to try it out.

I would like to suggest developing the Caproni Jet Glider as a possible future project. I believe its birthplace is Italy. It is an unusual very high performance, 2 place motor glider.

http://www.tapisvolant.nl/califa21s.html

The ASW-22 (motor glider version) would be my second choice.

However, the Caproni is in a class by itself.

Best Regards,

Don Hamilton

I think, he means analoge, not in steps.

And the spoilers will be linked to the throttlelever for sure.

The spoilers are much more important for a glider than the throttle.

Only Discus BM has a throttle, and this will be anywhere else...

indeed this is pherhaps the most vital controle on a glider.

• Aerosoft
I think the new glider looks beautiful. I can't wait to try it out.

I would like to suggest developing the Caproni Jet Glider as a possible future project. I believe its birthplace is Italy. It is an unusual very high performance, 2 place motor glider.

http://www.tapisvolant.nl/califa21s.html

The ASW-22 (motor glider version) would be my second choice.

However, the Caproni is in a class by itself.

Best Regards,

Don Hamilton

I actually seen one of them years ago, very nice glider, but with only 50 or so made and not in the last quarter century I think the commercial potential would be limited.

I think the Calif is based on a cool pholosophy with two seats side by side, but it is not as famous as a ASH25MI, DG1000T, or DG500M for example...

All of them are two seated high performance ships.

Although the Caproni is relatively unknown I think it would be very popular in the virtual world. There is a need for a high performance motor glider ( one that is high performance as a power plane as well as a glider). For instance, soaring the Andes involves flying parts of the range where lift is questionable and and safe landing fields can be over a hundred miles away. The Caproni is one of the few motor gliders that can deal with these conditions. The fact that it is a jet would make it popular I am sure.

The Stemme s-10 would also work but there is the problem of animating the prop assembly.

Don

I think problems in animating things should not be a reason for annother model.

S10 is a other class, it is much better than the Calif and in my eyes a turbine don`t fits to a glider...

This looks really great! I am sure the addon will atract even those who are otherwise only using specialized soaring sims like condor or silent wings.

I wonder if something could be done about some issues with FSX that have lead to complaints in the soaring community:

- Airtow only straight ahead (there are instructions in the internet on how to change this, but they are rather complicated for many users).

- Tow rope attached behind the wheel instead of the front of the glider

- Tow rope flapping around too much

- FSX variometer (please include a total energy vario).

If you could do something about this with the addon, it would be very much appreciated, I expect.

This looks really great! I am sure the addon will atract even those who are otherwise only using specialized soaring sims like condor or silent wings.

I wonder if something could be done about some issues with FSX that have lead to complaints in the soaring community:

- Airtow only straight ahead (there are instructions in the internet on how to change this, but they are rather complicated for many users).

- Tow rope attached behind the wheel instead of the front of the glider

- Tow rope flapping around too much

- FSX variometer (please include a total energy vario).

If you could do something about this with the addon, it would be very much appreciated, I expect.

the point of the towing cable being attached behind the main wheel (gravitypoint hook) is not unrealistic, a lot of gliders who cant have a nose hook, attach the cable to the gravity point hook. it just complicates the flying a bit

A TEK Vario is in work (SDI C4 Competition)

I have never seen a hook BEHIND the Wheel, only before, but that is what you mean, that hook is for winch launch, and the hook in the nose for air tow.

But many gliders dont have a hook in the nose, so they are towed with the other.

Yes, this is flarm, but it will be not includet. Because I am a "Flarm-hater" ! :-P

But the sim-reasons are more important.

What plane will be showen in flarm?? No :-P There is no other glider in the sky yet.

Perhaps there will be a flarm dummy in one version, who knows....

Best regards Joachim