Preview: Aerosoft Gliders

Very nice screenshots, Nick :-)

As I am ready with the 3D Models of the Discus and we discuss about some more gliders, I started to do some tests on Goliath!

Goliath is a open class sailplane called Nimbus4.

26,40 meters wingspan.

L/D = 60!

As I said, this is only a test. We do not say, that anything like this will come up, but we also didn't want to keep this videos for us allone.

They show the major visual part of such a big glider.

The wingflex.

Have fun watching!

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=95

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=96

Bests Joachim

Once again, Nice video's, i have a glider in mind that may be a nice one to do but ill keep it to myself until the Discus' are released

I really love this stuff.

I would really like to see this Sailplane, and many others, introduced. Is there anyway you guys can throw some "CHUM" in the waters. I need more than is currently available for sailplane enthusiasts. Maybe package the sailplanes with scenery files. And I really think that some "real" looking clouds for CumulusX could be made by you guys in a instant. I have dollars in hand...throw me a hook, PLEASE!!!

Argh !! I have my credit card ready to buy the Discus' , The wait it killing me :rolleyes:

And what would the which look like and how would it operate?, would it be possible to get 2 or 3 screenshots of it please?

You'll get some shots later.

But for now opteration of the winch:

Well prety much as in reallife.

You can set the force limiter, you can set the speed and you can set the rope length.

If you click the tow hook lever, the winche starts to work. The cable is beeing attached, and your wings leveled.

Now the winch begins to pull untill "cable life" (You hear all commands :-)) and then pulles you into the air.

The programm was made by a real glider pilot, roo, so don't worry, it is very real! You can see the winch, the cable, the parachute. All is very nice, and well made!

It works perfect and is easy to use! And it makes a lot of fun!

Bests Joachim

Just wondering, will you be able to set the height of the winch launch?

There is a gentleman who has developed a "winch" that you can set the height with Here , will there be a similar feature in yours Joachim ?

No, it is totally different from Max's one.

Peter Lürkens (well knowen in the virtual glider scene) has done the winch.

While Max's VET (virtual engine technologie) attaches a hughe turbine engine on the glider to accellerate it, Peters winch is a real winch launch simulator.

This means, there is really a fixpoint that pulls you in its direction. There are many things calculated such as torque and power of the winch, cable speed, max cable force and so on.

Of course you can't directly set the height of the winch launch, but you can set the cable length.

And if you want to release earlier, do it, yust release from the winch. All is possible, just as in real life.

A great advantage of this winch is, that it can pull every type of glider without modifying it.

I will post some images later

And is this winch working with the Discus BT, now? Some time ago, you wrote that FSX don't want to tow a plane with engine...and now it's working? smile.gif Can't wait anymore! Great job!

Max

Hi,

Looking fantastic!!!

Where can I get this virtual winch? I must be blind - I can't find the actual post talking about it.

Best regards,

Robin.

I believe it will be released IN the discus' package,

im not sure but i dont think it will be a stand alone release too (perhaps one to think about there Joachim?)

I believe it will be released IN the discus' package,

im not sure but i dont think it will be a stand alone release too (perhaps one to think about there Joachim?)

Just thinking on these lines, "would it be best to incorporate both in one package financially wise, than to attempt to package them individually",

and at the end of the day which package would sell best? Just my two pence worth :)

I meant perhaps the winch could be Also released as a standalone Utility/ Add on for those whom aren't purchasing the Discus' (cant see why anyone wouldnt buy it anyway, looks brill) and still would like a winch for FSX

Mr. J.Schweigler,

Well Max, I, and a bunch of forum users are guessing that it is close to release since Mr. Nick C. has already posted his screenshots and I remember reading Mr. Kok say it was in its final BETA; Are we correct in our thinking??? I'm hoping for the end of this month (July) so, that I can put it on my Bulk Order DVD #2 and give Max a FREE one too; Any chance of that? :unsure:

No sorry,

My personal plans are to release middle till end of august.

I want to have a real good flight model, but this needs time. A hughe ammount of time.

I think, the flightmodel will be finished middle august. If they are done, there are some small things to tune up. And then it s time to release.

Bests Joachim

No sorry,

My personal plans are to release middle till end of august.

I want to have a real good flight model, but this needs time. A hughe ammount of time.

I think, the flightmodel will be finished middle august. If they are done, there are some small things to tune up. And then it s time to release.

Bests Joachim

Thank you for the honest and timely reply; I'll go ahead with my second Bulk Order and place this one on my next one; Both Max and myself want this one "real badly" so, please don't take too long but get it right (correct) on the first release if you can.

Best of Luck!

:)

One successful winch launch:

aerosoft_discusbt_14.jpg

aerosoft_discusbt_15.jpg

aerosoft_discusbt_16.jpg

aerosoft_discusbt_18.jpg

aerosoft_discusbt_20.jpg

And one unsuccessful winch launch, due in no small part to the time spent taking pictures rather than releasing the brake...TWANG!

aerosoft_discusbt_19.jpg

• Upvote 1