Preview: Aerosoft Gliders

Of course not.

But we are making the flight model right now, and that isn't very easy.

And I want to have one, that is VERY close to the original. So it needs a bit time.

Also the sound is not easy. Especially the motorized versions are pretty difficult to make because you have a very wide range frome silent to VERY NOISY.

3dModel is 99%

textures 95%

gauges 90%

flightmodel 70% (performance allmost done, working on behaviour right now)

sound 15% (we had some problems here)

We are planing a release middle / end february.

The testers are warming up ;-)

Bests Joachim

Of course not.

But we are making the flight model right now, and that isn't very easy.

And I want to have one, that is VERY close to the original. So it needs a bit time.

Also the sound is not easy. Especially the motorized versions are pretty difficult to make because you have a very wide range frome silent to VERY NOISY.

3dModel is 99%

textures 95%

gauges 90%

flightmodel 70% (performance allmost done, working on behaviour right now)

sound 15% (we had some problems here)

We are planing a release middle / end february.

The testers are warming up ;-)

Bests Joachim

Joachim, are you making the flight model?

No, programming does John Cagle, the modeler of the F16-dynamics.

But I am checking every little step, every day, because I know how the plane feels in real life.

That makes the Job for both of us much easyer because we can first check all controlls and behaviours allone, and later alltogether.

John does a great job, and I am confident, that we will have flight dynamics wich are very close to the original discus.

We also have some testers, who fly gliders and also des discus.

The performance of the plane is allmost done. It is very "nice" to see, that the plane gets a massive sink while extending the engine.

Just as in reallife, don't decide too low ;-)

The ld is done, too.

I hope this answeres your questions :-)

Bests Joachim

• 2 weeks later...

A small update:

Here is a short landingvideo with a sideslip, a routine maneuver in a glider.

I hope the quallity isn't too bad (Filmed with my mobilephone)

http://www.specific-3d-design.de/resources/slip.mp4

The flightmodel is getting better and better. There are still a few small things to do, for example the yawstring, but altogether we are very close to betatests.

Bests joachim

Looking good!

I used to love side-slipping, even if it was bad planning :D I was mad even then - downwind along the centre line, loop out over the threshhold and flip over at the top to a sideslip back down to the club line... The K13 could really drop in a rudder oriented slip...

Ah... memories... of thirty years ago... sigh...

A few new screenshots from my flight in the German Alps today.

As you can see I landed on a field ;-)

I had an engine, but I didn't use it ;-)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

You seem to be having al of the fun. When do the rest of us get to do more than drool? :)

Looking great and the agressive sideslip looked excellent - very realistic! A question though - is wing flex fully modelled? From the little I could see the wings looked a lot stiffer than I've experienced in real life, especially at the end of the video when the weight of the glider went onto the low wing. There was some flex at the end that i could see but a lot less than I'm used to seeing.

smith

Hi,

The Wingflex is certainly one of the most real, you have seen in a microsoft flight simulator.

It is totally different from the default model.

I used a trick to animate them. It is very complicated, but it works very fine.

The advantage of this model is, that you can see the real g-force on the wings.

The wingflex is very close to the original Discus. Like nearly all Schempp-Hirth Planes the Discus has very stiff wings compared Planes from other Companies, like Schleicher.

Just compare the open class ships ASW22BLE with the Nimbus4DM

http://www.pilots24.com/pilots24/galerie/d...8/asw22_001.jpg

http://home.swipnet.se/~w-12531/soaring/pics/nimbus4.jpg

But alltogether you can see the wingflex very well.

It is like in the real plane

...It is like in the real plane

Very nice... B) I hope to fly this with my face on the pilot as well; that is, if I can convince Mr. ChrisB to do that for me like he did for the BushHawk X. :lol:

Thank you Mr. Chris B. and am looking forward to seeing your Glider in my copy of FSX, Mr. J.Schweigler. :D

Hi,

The Wingflex is certainly one of the most real, you have seen in a microsoft flight simulator.

It is totally different from the default model.

I used a trick to animate them. It is very complicated, but it works very fine.

The advantage of this model is, that you can see the real g-force on the wings.

The wingflex is very close to the original Discus. Like nearly all Schempp-Hirth Planes the Discus has very stiff wings compared Planes from other Companies, like Schleicher.

Just compare the open class ships ASW22BLE with the Nimbus4DM

http://www.pilots24.com/pilots24/galerie/d...8/asw22_001.jpg

http://home.swipnet.se/~w-12531/soaring/pics/nimbus4.jpg

But alltogether you can see the wingflex very well.

It is like in the real plane

Thanks for the reply and your clarification - I'm happy to take your word for it and look forward to more videos.

• Aerosoft

So how do you actually get all the data to make these projects, I hear you ask...

Well it's all hard work and the people involved have to go through the worst things to get all the data. For example the attached video shows the main modeler of the glider getting samples for the sound engineers. You see what a drudgery and boring work it all is.

http://video.aerosoft.com/VIDEO_00016.avi

So how do you actually get all the data to make these projects, I hear you ask...

Well it's all hard work and the people involved have to go through the worst things to get all the data. For example the attached video shows the main modeler of the glider getting samples for the sound engineers. You see what a drudgery and boring work it all is.

http://video.aerosoft.com/VIDEO_00016.avi

Mr. J. Schweigler / Mr. Mathijs Kok,

Awesome! B) - I really appreciate the efforts you all put into making these aircraft as authentic and likeable to the desires of the customer; That's what (IMO) makes you one of the best FS Developers/Stores for the entire FS community. Keep up the good job and consider me sold on this one too. ;)

Hi,

in latest FlightXPress I saw the ad about the "DiscusX Advanced Gliders" with price and Downloadlink. Is it available? Can't find it and to be hones I did not read this thread for a longer time?