Preview: Aerosoft Gliders

Mr. Joachim Schweigler,

Thank you for this update; Can you tell me if it will be a hard thing to change the pilots face on this aircraft model; Like with the F-16 X I want to see my own face in my own copy of this bird. Is that a possibility?

PS: Love the PDA moving map! :)

Principially You can add Your face everywhere.

The question is, How it looks!

It is allways difficult to make faces. And it is even more difficult (I would say impossible) to make 3D faces where everyone can add theyr own look.

The reason is simple. Just adding texture is the one thing, the other is, where are your eyes, where your nose, where your mouth and so on and so on.

If this is all done in 3d it is impossible, to make the pilot look like you with only making a repaint of the texture.

Of course You can try it.

Mr. Joachim Schweigler,

I gave Mr. Kok (via email) a set of pictures for just this sort of thing for the F-16 X.

If you can do it, for this model, for me and use the picture set I gave him (Mr. Kok), you may charge me for the extra work involved above the cost of the model. If this is something you can and will do please let me know.

Thank you for your time.

Principially You can add Your face everywhere.

The question is, How it looks!

It is allways difficult to make faces. And it is even more difficult (I would say impossible) to make 3D faces where everyone can add theyr own look.

The reason is simple. Just adding texture is the one thing, the other is, where are your eyes, where your nose, where your mouth and so on and so on.

If this is all done in 3d it is impossible, to make the pilot look like you with only making a repaint of the texture.

Of course You can try it.

How true... :lol:

That's one of the first things I do on paintkits - look at the pilot head mdl. You can stretch your eyes, nose and mout around, but in the end you look different. The closest head shape for me has been the Christen Eagle. The Aerosoft Beaver is pretty good too.

But that doesn't worry me.

Your glider is coming on in leaps and bounds and I am so looking forward to it. That is going to be one job well done.

P.S.

Fingernails on a model? Maybe you'd do the Piper Cup pilot's model lady? (and if you did, make her look less like my ex boss please :lol: :lol: )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There are news...

One of them is, that a release before xmas is impossible. I am very sorry about that :-(

But there are good news, too.

One hour ago I tested the new alpha of the flightdynamics, and the speedpolar is almost done. and very accurate. The behaviour becomes better and better, too.

Even the 3d-model got some more nice details.

I decidet to do a 3rd cockpitlayout so there will be big variety together with different textures.

I will post the layouts soon.

The yawstring is nearly done. At least the 3d model looks VERY realistic, and flutters in wind just like the real one.

It has to be only animated. And there will be some nice trivia :-)

The movingmap works fine.

Altogether the plane is very frame-friendly on my system. (It is not checked by betateam now, but I think there will be no problems)

Maybe I can post some screenshots tonight, or in the next days.

Best regards Joachim

There are news...

One of them is, that a release before xmas is impossible. I am very sorry about that :-(

But there are good news, too.

One hour ago I tested the new alpha of the flightdynamics, and the speedpolar is almost done. and very accurate. The behaviour becomes better and better, too.

Even the 3d-model got some more nice details.

I decidet to do a 3rd cockpitlayout so there will be big variety together with different textures.

I will post the layouts soon.

The yawstring is nearly done. At least the 3d model looks VERY realistic, and flutters in wind just like the real one.

It has to be only animated. And there will be some nice trivia :-)

The movingmap works fine.

Altogether the plane is very frame-friendly on my system. (It is not checked by betateam now, but I think there will be no problems)

Maybe I can post some screenshots tonight, or in the next days.

Best regards Joachim

Maybe you could give us some insight on what kind of systems your testers have. I'm interested in this, because frame-friendliness can be very different on different machines, especially when my cellphone has more processing power than my neolithic processor  :rolleyes:

You can NEVER tell exact framerates. Even if you give all systemdata. There are so many points bungling the results.

It starts with the OS, and end with the smallest setting in FSX.

So framerate is allways a little subjective.

It only helps to compare to other add ons, but the customer has to do even this for himselve.

I'm sorry, that I can't give further informations for now. (only that it runs at 23 frames (locked) at most places with my system, other add ons don't reach nearly such FPS.

You will properbly ask which CPU, wich RAM, wich graka, wich OS, wich settings...But for now you have to be happy with my comparison to other things.

The plane isn't ready, so I can't give further information on this.

You can NEVER tell exact framerates. Even if you give all systemdata. There are so many points bungling the results.

It starts with the OS, and end with the smallest setting in FSX.

So framerate is allways a little subjective.

It only helps to compare to other add ons, but the customer has to do even this for himselve.

I'm sorry, that I can't give further informations for now. (only that it runs at 23 frames (locked) at most places with my system, other add ons don't reach nearly such FPS.

You will properbly ask which CPU, wich RAM, wich graka, wich OS, wich settings...But for now you have to be happy with my comparison to other things.

The plane isn't ready, so I can't give further information on this.

Yes, well I was more concerned that all of you guys have computers NASA would be proud of and that everyone is saying frames are great and then when used in normal machines the performance would be hideous.

I think (KNOW), that most devs have average systems. They simply don't need super high end mashines, because they are no gamers.

It is allways a problem with framerates and systemspecs.

All I can say is, be patient and wait for the ready product. And if you don't trust me, or aerosoft, wait for independent reviews.

But even they can't say, if it will run on your mashine.

Perhaps I can give a short comparison to other add ons later. But not yet because it makes no sense on an unfinished product.

• 2 weeks later...
Looking very nice - thanks for the screens.

Looking nice doesn't cover it. These are great! As a glider owner (Libelle 201B), and an FSX, Condor, and Silent Wings user, I can hardly wait for your glider to be available.

Binky9