Preview: Aerosoft Gliders

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft
It seems the project is on hold since the H1 is higher up in the list atm. And then prolly the Catalina. So the Gliders will take a looong while I fear.

No, different teams for all of these, I am the only thing that is the same on all of these. We are waiting for the flight computer that is very late in delivery at this moment.

• Aerosoft
mathjiskok thanks for the update and is there a ball park completion date that can be thrown out there? Are we talking weeks/months.........

Really hard to say, we are really waiting for one bit, if we get that it could all move real fast.

• 2 weeks later...
Sure there are!

The pure glider version is nearly done.

The tespilot took his place.

022.jpg

023.jpg

What do you think?

Pilot in VC, or no Pilot in VC?

Just a mention and this is a personal thing I guess I'm to too fond of bodies being implemented into a cockpits because most of the bodies supplied are rather cheesy. This detracts the feel and effort a modeller does to the awesome aircraft and I know many like this feature so maybe to keep both camps happy allow the consumer during install a choice to exclude/include this cockpit body?

Or if that can't be done give a tutorial explaining what files need to be altered so we can remove the body ourself for our own preference :D

I also tend to like it when I get this option, in this case, because sometimes I get tired of just having male pilot models.

I do not mind so much in Airliners and other large aircraft, or in military aircraft where you can't see anything under helmets and flight suits, but in gliders and small GA aircraft it is sometimes a bit of a drag.

So it would be nice to have a yes/no option in configurator perhaps, assuming the pilot is not integrated into the aircraft model?

I am trying to implement an option to show/hide the pilot even during flight.

But the pilot looks much better now, as in this screens.

No insane hands now :-P sharper textures, ultrasmooth moovements with skinned mesh, you will be surprised :-)

I am trying to implement an option to show/hide the pilot even during flight.

But the pilot looks much better now, as in this screens.

No insane hands now :-P sharper textures, ultrasmooth moovements with skinned mesh, you will be surprised :-)

That's great news but if the implementation option to show/hide the pilot fails then give us the option to not have it installed in the first place and while you may have done a awesome job on the new pilot I'm still not in favour of having one as I like to choose my options.

This for me is a big issue with many payware models and sometimes developers miss out on my money because of that very problem of having a pilot that can't be removed. The plane might well be awesome but if the pilot sits in the back of my mind and I can see it which in turns annoys me then I just can't bring myself to make the purchase.

I know this is a personal thing coming from me but sounds like many other simmers think the same so please take on board your customers requests and if need be I'm happy to pay more for this to be removed in my purchased copy from you.......

If I could, I'd have a pilot in the 3D VC all the time - that is the one thing that 'kills' far to many screenshots :wink: - all those aerial "Marie Celestes".

A removable peelow sounds even better. That will satisfy the FPS hungry user. You ought to patent the technique Jürgen and license it to other model makers. You could add removable pax too.

She's looking hot to me. I really have my CC ready and waiting for this one!

Hi,

I just discover this beauty, she looks awesome but on all the external screenshots I've the same feeling.

The wings look too rigid. Do the wings are animated (wing flex) ?

The Discus has an important wing flexibility even if it hasn't a 25m wingspan.

Best regards,

Emmanuel

Of course it has.

And it has not only the crappy animations of the DG808... It has REAL wingflex.

That means, it is g-force addicted, and very smooth.

Dont expect too much. Discus has pretty hard wings.

You see the wingflex of course, but it is not overdone!

Just like in a real plane.

Regards Joachim

Nice so I take it this is a different version of the one below and will both versions be included? I'm sure going to give these motored versions a try for some fun but I must fess up I'm a purest and like just the plain old non propelled gliders.

F1k.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
There will be 3 different versions Discus CS, BT and BM

Great news now I just need the news that I can purchase it I'm so looking forward to this one. :D

Heck, I have been away for a loooong time, haven't I? I had five weeks of "health issues", fixed now (I hope). I have been involved in other projects in recent weeks but I have not left flight simming. I am still looking forward to this glider, but for those of you who who want to glide already, you might checkout Avsim for these titles - two Aeriane (powered and normal gliders).

There's also an Akaflieg SB13 to be found that works well in FSX.

And if you are really masochistic, you can also try fsglider.de for a lot of FSX workable gliders. But I hope we don't have long to wait now for this particularly lovely model.