FSX Will Not Start Problem - Fixed

daveIT

I had a problem when I started FS X it would hang at the blue splash screen. I tried repairing from CD, reinstalling and deleting the FSX.cfg file with no joy.

I kept searching google and finally found a reference to a corrupt logbook file. I renamed the logbook.bin to logbook1.bin and FS X started right up. I later found that someone made a utility to fix logbook files (somewhere on avsim.com or flightsim.com), but I don't really use the logbook so it didn't affect me.

I was about to experience severe Beaver withdrawal but luckily I found the fix.

Hopefully this helps if anyone else has the same problem.

• Aerosoft
I had a problem when I started FS X it would hang at the blue splash screen. I tried repairing from CD, reinstalling and deleting the FSX.cfg file with no joy.

I kept searching google and finally found a reference to a corrupt logbook file. I renamed the logbook.bin to logbook1.bin and FS X started right up. I later found that someone made a utility to fix logbook files (somewhere on avsim.com or flightsim.com), but I don't really use the logbook so it didn't affect me.

I was about to experience severe Beaver withdrawal but luckily I found the fix.

Hopefully this helps if anyone else has the same problem.

Thanks...we'll log this for support for sure! Got any idea what caused the logbook to be corrupted

I had a problem with a corrupt log book after I tried to edit it by deleting some flights from it. I didn't have any crashing issues but it did stop logging flights. The same fix got everything working again.

I have no idea how it got corrupted. I'm running FSX on my Mac Pro. I use Apple's BootCamp to run XP. I had been using FSX for a few months and one day it just stopped working. I have FSX on it's own partition (my C: drive) and the logbook file (and others) are under My Documents on the G: drive partition.

I'm a Mac guy so I have no idea what Windows is doing half the time.