Announcement: AspenX

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No FS9 version, No Money for you then.

I believe the point of making FSX versions only actually IS to make money ... as has been stated before, the stores don't want FS9 boxes on their shelves any more. So why invest money in producing those?

In my humble opinion, those swearing about FSX are just p****d to have an ancient pc and will jump at FSX the moment the get a new one (though not admit it today). My machine is reasonably fast but already one year old (so far from new!) and runs FSX fine and I too have bought tons of add-ons for FS9. But it's time to move on ... FS9 was nice, but its days are over.

Some people are still running FS2002 today, well ... I'm happy Aerosoft looks ahead and not backwards and I look forward to AspenX ...

Sorry FSX only.

I guess we have to accept that, although I don't understand it. After all, with Helgoland 2007 you are now offering a product developed for FSX in a FS9 version as well.

I won't go to the FS9 vs. FSX discussion. Fact is that for me (and as it seems many others) FSX is not an option at this time and in the near future. My FS9 setup is, with aerosoft products and now with AES part of it, at the level I always wanted to have it. And most important, stable with good performance.

I'm certain many others are interested in further expanding their FS9 setup. It is for aerosoft to decide how they want to address these folks with product offerings.

Best Regards,

Kris

http://www.stevens-va.de

I believe the point of making FSX versions only actually IS to make money ... as has been stated before, the stores don't want FS9 boxes on their shelves any more. So why invest money in producing those?

They are going to make money either way. It's not like they're just giving it away. As for the stores stocking it, if you live in the U.S. that's not an issue anyway since the only boxed FS products you'll find are from Abacus.

In my humble opinion, those swearing about FSX are just p****d to have an ancient pc and will jump at FSX the moment the get a new one (though not admit it today). My machine is reasonably fast but already one year old (so far from new!) and runs FSX fine and I too have bought tons of add-ons for FS9. But it's time to move on ... FS9 was nice, but its days are over.

My pc is far from ancient and the performance still isn't what I'm happy with. So FS9 is still my primary sim.

Some people are still running FS2002 today, well ... I'm happy Aerosoft looks ahead and not backwards and I look forward to AspenX ...

FSX is FS2000 all over again, maybe some day FSX will be good, but the poor performance has nothing to do with "ancient" machines. If that was the case then why is a performance increase a big part of SP1. Phil Tayler has said they are looking for at least a 20 percent performance increase with SP1, if FSX is so great the way it is, how in the hell do you get that big of a performance increase ?

The good news is they are at least trying to fix things.

Sometimes I think I might be the only one who is fully satisfied with the possibilities of the FSX and its performance. Its just great. Because the lack of many addon products for the FSX it is GA-Simulator (thats my opinion) but I think Aerosoft supports that very good. Helgoland and now Aspen seem to be airports for the smaller aircrafts.

Even today there are more Freeware and Payware Addons released for the FS9 then for the FSX. And in my eyes its a peacefull coexistence. Few addons are FSX-only, some are FSX&FS9 and many are FS9 only. So, no need to argue.

Few weeks ago I deinstalled my FS9 with all the nice addons. My focus now lies on the FSX. And I love it.

Though I am not interestd in the Aspen Scenery because I just know not much about this place. I think Aerosoft pushs the envelope with every new addon. Just great!

(I hope I did not make too much mistakes; my english is not the best *g*).

Bjørn,

If I find you anywhere near this scenery in the winter months flying a supercub, I'm heading to France for my skiing vacation. Thank God spring is upon us! :wink:

Most of the folks complain about sceneries made exclusivly for FSX like they have bought all the FS9 sceneries out there. I mean..there are tons of great FS9 sceneries (both payware and payware quality freeware) they have probably not even touched...but yet they would complain if a FSX (only) scenery is published. I can understand people who may live there or been there who may have special affinity to an airport. I can understand them/.... But the others.. I don't.

FSX is need of sceneries... I have stopped buying fs9 exclusive sceneries...even though I use FS9 80% of the time and FSX only 20% as of now. Its a catch 22. The reason I fly FSX less is I don't have addon sceneries.

Manny

Most excellent. I will be first in line to buy this addon. With my little VA just around the corner at KEGE, this will be a tremendous addon for my VA.

Great job..... Love everything about FSX. It makes FS9 look like something from the early flight simming. 8)

C'mon guys,

It's beautiful scenery, so what if it's not for FS9. You'd be doing the exact same thing if you were Aerosoft. But you're not. There's some nice/beautiful scenery out there for FS9. So calm down.

HC

Most excellent. I will be first in line to buy this addon. With my little VA just around the corner at KEGE, this will be a tremendous addon for my VA.

Great job..... Love everything about FSX. It makes FS9 look like something from the early flight simming. 8)

really now, lets see some comparison screenshots!

No FS9 version, No Money for you then.

Well, its obvious there are some FSX User - I dont know any personally - but I beleave there might be some :lol:

Aerosoft will know what they do - they are long enough in the business - but the reason that resalers dont accept FS9-Boxes is obsolete because HelgolandX also includes a FS9-Version in its Box and is not rejected by the Resalers.

I think the real interesting market are all the newcomers that buy FS the first time in the stores not the few oldfashioned FS9 orthodox like us.

Exactly, I wouldn't touch FS9 with a pointed stick now that I have that nice piece of eye candy ... :D ... and for add-ons, considering the US, for example:

The most "important" add-ons (imho) - mesh, landclass, waterclass, roads, rivers, lakes, weather ... already exist in fs-x versions or are in beta already.

And according to Phil Taylor, the announced patch is only weeks away - more good news, perhaps then even those with older machines will move their sliders more to the right in fsx.

We have seen the same new-version bashing with every new FS incarnation, when people swore never to switch ... those voices always grew fewer and soon weren't heard from again.

We have seen the same new-version bashing with every new FS incarnation, when people swore never to switch ... those voices always grew fewer and soon weren't heard from again.

That's not quite true... They are usually heard from again - saying how good the sim they swore they'd never touch is. ;)

Ian P.

really now, lets see some comparison screenshots!

You only need to compare FSX Helgoland scenery with FS9 Helgoland scenery and there are differences you can't see just on a screenshot. I think everybody understands if peopley stay in FS9 with all the great addons you can't get for FSX right now. But it is senseless to compare the basic FSX with a FS9 full of addons. Compare basic FS9 with basic FSX. I love both FS Versions but FSX is the future and I think still today there are more FS9 addons released than for FSX so why complain about "Aspen FSX"?