Announcement: AspenX

• Aerosoft

Not giving out a lot of details right now, but we are close to starting a beta on AspenX, one of our new scenery projects. As you might know Aspen is not an easy airport due to the altitude, weather and the mountains all around the airport.

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aerosoft
Where is Aspen? I don't know it... Is it like Lukla? and as challenging?

Aspen, Colorado, USA. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspen%2C_Colorado)

Wintersport location for the more rich and famous. VERY beautiful countryside there.

Now this is another cool airport!

Coincidentally, I was in Aspen 2 weeks ago and have to say that your terminal building and surrounding terrain capture very nicely the reality.

The airport had been closed for a whole week due to weather when I was there. Approaches into Aspen are a true challenge in marginal WX conditions. Check out the approach chart for it ;-) (http://www.airnav.com/airport/KASE)

Are you planning a FS9 version as well?

Thanks,

Kris

• Aerosoft
Now this is another cool airport!

Coincidentally, I was in Aspen 2 weeks ago and have to say that your terminal building and surrounding terrain capture very nicely the reality.

The airport had been closed for a whole week due to weather when I was there. Approaches into Aspen are a true challenge in marginal WX conditions. Check out the approach chart for it ;-) (http://www.airnav.com/airport/KASE)

Are you planning a FS9 version as well?

Thanks,

Kris

Sorry FSX only.

Sorry FSX only.

That is a real pity.

Please don't forget your loyal clients that prefer FS9. For "real" flying FSX is still unusable.

PLEASE think about a FS9 version!

Philipp

Looks like another winner. I lived in Colorado for a few years and visited Aspen a couple times. I only drove there. I took at look at the approach plate and wow! I'll have to check out the default when I get home.

Make sure you model some Subarus in there to go with the Jeeps. There's lots of Subarus there.

• Aerosoft
Looks like another winner. I lived in Colorado for a few years and visited Aspen a couple times. I only drove there. I took at look at the approach plate and wow! I'll have to check out the default when I get home.

Make sure you model some Subarus in there to go with the Jeeps. There's lots of Subarus there.

Jap cars in Colorado... Whats wrong big Fords?

Have you seen the Roaring Forks Visual approach? That's one you need big balls for even with a 6000 (!) feet ceiling

Yes.. Yes.. Yes.. Looking forward to it.

I have been asking for this airport to everyone for a long time...

The VOR/DME approach from red table VOR in IMC to this airport is one of the hardest. This airport is open for day operation only. You can only land and takeoff from only one end of the runway.

Its not a sloped runway like Lukla. But it unsual in the sense..from the MDA .. you have to basically dive... for the airport.. the MDA is a tad too high above the airport elevation.

I hope..the scenery around the airport is also doneup.

Manny

An accident report at KASE.

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/tech_...ead.main/42280/

That looks not only excellent, but really interesting. :shock:

I've never been there in either version of FS, I'll have to check it out and see what it's like. :wink:

Puppy

This scenery looks very good,but only a FS X Version is not so good.

I prefer a FS2004 version of this scenery. And I am not alone ;)

No, you're not alone. :wink:

I would like more FSX sceneries... If you can provide FS9 in addition as a bonus, I have no issue, But I will not buy FS9 only sceneries unless a Free FSX scenery upgrade was promised along with it.

There are tons of FS9 only sceneries out there to choose from. FSX lacks sceneris..and I would think...FSX sceneries would have longer shelf life.

:D

Manny