BeaverX updated to version 2.31

• Aerosoft

We got a few more liveries and full new model available for the BeaverX. This will be the last scheduled update (we'll fix problems of course). You will find the update in the FAQ/Support section of the shop. We'll also send the update to simmarket right now

Long Distance PCPilot model

In a future article in PC Pilot Magazine (www.pcpilot.net), resident writer, Jane Whittaker will be taking the Aerosoft BeaverX on a whirlwind tour of the world, visiting some of the most dramatic and remote destinations on the planet. To celebrate this event we have released this very special PC Pilot version of the BeaverX - complete with an additional 300 gallon fuel tank offering a significantly increased range. PC Pilot Magazine and Aerosoft have great pleasure in offering this unique BeaverX into the community so everyone can share in this adventure.

231_0.jpg

Liveries

As said 5 more liveries, here you see them;

231_1.jpg

231_2.jpg

231_3.jpg

231_4.jpg

231_5.jpg

231_6.jpg

2.31 Livery/Model update

added 4 liveries by Vincent v Yperen

Prototype CF-FHB (5 seat floats)

Norwegian Fonnafly (5 seats floats)

Swedish Kallax Flyg (5 seats floats)

Royal Netherlands Airforce (wheels)

added 1 liveries by Nathan Havercroft

Labrador Airways (5 seats floats)

N101SY (5 seats floats)

added long distance amphibian model. Please note you are flying a bit overweight with this model and all tanks full. The additional tank feeds into the standard center tank.

Now go and get them!

And just when I thought the Beaver couldn't get any better.....

Looking at the screenshots, I have one question I was hoping someone could shed some light on. On the models without a painted prop spinner, the spinner looks like an untextured gmax part with some shine added.

Looking at pictures on Airliners.net (and the FS2004 Beaver), it looks like the spinners are actually a polished, bare metal instead of the grey color that appears on the BeaverX models.

Is the grey coloring due to some kind of quirk in FSX, or is there another reason for it?

Sorry but I'm a bit new to these updates w/o installers. Where do I put the files contained in the update? I tried to extract them from the ZIP to the SimObjects/Airplanes folder but I don't see them.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Sorry but I'm a bit new to these updates w/o installers. Where do I put the files contained in the update? I tried to extract them from the ZIP to the SimObjects/Airplanes folder but I don't see them.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

Extract the files into your main FSX folder, and if you get prompted about overwrites (they should just be BeaverX files, so you can allow them), you know the files are going where they should be.

• Aerosoft

Extract the files into your main FSX folder, and if you get prompted about overwrites (they should just be BeaverX files, so you can allow them), you know the files are going where they should be.

Correct.

Sorry, should have made that clear/

Im totally loving this new beaver.... Theres nothing better than having a float + landing gear making it landable everywhere. Thanks aerosoft. Now im waiting for your catalina + a10 + f16

I used WinZip, selected all files and extracted them to my FSX directory, but when I go into FSX I don't see any of the new liveries.

I have the following folders in SimObjectsAirplanes:

Aerosoft Beaver Amphibian

Aerosoft Beaver Amphibian2

Aerosoft Beaver Cropduster

Aerosoft Beaver Firefighter

Aerosoft Beaver Floats 5 Seats

Aerosoft Beaver Floats 8 Seats

Aerosoft Beaver Skis

Aerosoft Beaver Standard Wheels

Aerosoft Beaver Tundra Wheels

Any ideas?

I used WinZip, selected all files and extracted them to my FSX directory, but when I go into FSX I don't see any of the new liveries.

I have the following folders in SimObjectsAirplanes:

Aerosoft Beaver Amphibian

Aerosoft Beaver Amphibian2

Aerosoft Beaver Cropduster

Aerosoft Beaver Firefighter

Aerosoft Beaver Floats 5 Seats

Aerosoft Beaver Floats 8 Seats

Aerosoft Beaver Skis

Aerosoft Beaver Standard Wheels

Aerosoft Beaver Tundra Wheels

Any ideas?

It's been awhile since I've used winzip (I use WinRar mostly), but make sure that the box labeled something like "keep folder names" is checked, and be sure you have the path to FSX correct.

If you still can't get it to work, you can unzip the files to a folder on your desktop, and then copy-paste them into the correct places in FSX.

I'm looking forward to reading Jane Whittakers report, however I have to wonder if it's possible to make a "whirlwind" tour in a beaver 8)

In hindsight, I should have chosen a larger area of water for my first departure in it... I did get out, but the first attempt was a very late and far too close for comfort abort! :lol:

Ian P.

• 1 month later...
We got a few more liveries and full new model available for the BeaverX. This will be the last scheduled update (we'll fix problems of course). You will find the update in the FAQ/Support section of the shop. We'll also send the update to simmarket right now

Long Distance PCPilot model

In a future article in.....

Liveries

As said 5 more liveries, here you see them;

231_1.jpgOne

231_2.jpgTwo

231_3.jpgThree

231_4.jpgFour

231_5.jpgFive

231_6.jpger :?: ... Five... :?:

Now go and get them!

Yep, OK five more liveries it is then... :P

well, actually the nr.2 isn't a new livery. The S-9 repaint was already included in the original release but I felt I needed to redo it because it wasn't 100% correct :D