Good To Be Back

coops

Sept '06 I departed EDDV in an L1011, had hydraulic problems enroute and landed at Qatar ............ military base somewhere :?

I then flew by C130 to OAKN and then further to the middle of Helmand province.

R+R Feb'07 middle of Helmand to OAKN by C130 then L1011 to OMDB and then onto EDDV :) Visited my girlfriend going B738 EDLP - LEPA - LPPR and back followed by EDDV - OAKN by L1011 again and further by C130 to Helmand province again

Lastly Helmand province to OAKN by C130, L1011 from OAKN - OMDB - LCRA (for 2 days decompression then a 747 from LCRA - EDDV courtesy (or rather chartered) from XL Travel :D

After all that and what happened in between the flights (quite a lot of ch-46 action) it is great to be back, all i have to do now is learn how to fly again, then build a new pc and buy FS10 deluxe.

Hope everyone has kept well since I departed

Regards

Coops

Good grief. Chieftan Vs and FV432s. Stop bringing back bad memories! :lol:

We need a decent Scout for FS again, though!!!

Edited to add: I used to live near Telford in Shropshire, where Alvis made and maintained the Scorpion/Scimitar family Shaun... It's most disconcerting when you're sitting at an island in rush hour traffic and a Scimitar trundles up next to you, then shoots out into the middle of the island faster than you could in your car on it's way back to Alvis after a test run! ;)

Ian P.

(ex-REME very briefly.)