Blurry ground textures

Alan

I recently purchased the Piper Cheyenne, which I like a lot--great piece of work!

Unfortunately, when I go to the external view, the ground textures in FS9 go blurry. I've tried moving the sliders to a lower setting, but still have the problem. I use FScene, which I uninstalled and used the default FS9 textures, but still had the problem.

How can I correct this?

Thanks,

Alan

• Aerosoft
I recently purchased the Piper Cheyenne, which I like a lot--great piece of work!

Unfortunately, when I go to the external view, the ground textures in FS9 go blurry. I've tried moving the sliders to a lower setting, but still have the problem. I use FScene, which I uninstalled and used the default FS9 textures, but still had the problem.

How can I correct this?

Thanks,

Alan

Almost certainly this indicates a low amount of graphics memory. What is your setup?

Same happens to me but only online when someone else is in the Cheyenne (same happens with the CS C-130). I usually just end up getting some distance between us and/or looking in another direction for a while.

My system is a Dell Pentium 4, 2.53 GHz, with 1 gig of RAM. My video adapter is a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 with 128 megs of RAM.

Seems like enough to me, and it does meet the spec requirements on the Cheyenne, but maybe it's not configured properly?

• Aerosoft
Same happens to me but only online when someone else is in the Cheyenne (same happens with the CS C-130). I usually just end up getting some distance between us and/or looking in another direction for a while.

Yes flying online eats away more of your video ram.

• Aerosoft
My system is a Dell Pentium 4, 2.53 GHz, with 1 gig of RAM. My video adapter is a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 with 128 megs of RAM.

Seems like enough to me, and it does meet the spec requirements on the Cheyenne, but maybe it's not configured properly?

Well 128 is minimal if you got your video settings high. There is no setting that will really help as no setting will get you more video memory. T

• 2 weeks later...

An update--I still sometimes get blurry textures, but I've had other flights where the ground texture in external view was blurry initially, but later in the flight has been fine. When it does happen, I pop back inside the cockpit (where I ought to be anyway!), and the textures soon clear right up.