AES Install problem

leostretch

Hello there - I appear to be having a problem trying to install the latest AES - although the setup will run, it does so very quickly, and launches AES 1.2. I click finish, then installshield hangs - i have to force it to end via taskmanager, and get the message that the remote procedure call failed. I cannot then seem to uninstall - although it says the uninstall was successfull, the directory and all files are there. Can you help?

• Developer

Hi,

first, please download the newest Version 1.40 here:

http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/aes/AES-...rtPack-V140.zip

When AEShelp 1.2.0 will start, you not the newest one.

Then take care, that the FS is not running, while you run the installer.

After the installer ist finished, you must get AESHelp 1.4.0, otherwise something is wrong an your PC, then we will see what it can be.

brdgs

Oliver Pabst

Thanks Oliver, but it is this the version I downloaded - after the install says it completed successfully, it still launches 1.2 - its like the installer is not actually installing any files, and launching the existing version. I cannot uninistall, either - the installer says it has uninistalled and the files still remain. FS has not been running, I have tried this on a clean reboot. Thanks, Leo

• Developer

Ok,

then something goes wrong on the last install.

Can you please delete the complete <FS9>AerosoftAES directory

then Run the installer again. If the last installed Version was 1.20, you must reenter the Creditserialnumbers and reaktivate your Airports after the reinstall of 1.40.

Before you delete the directory, you maybe can check if the files below are set to READ ONLY. Maybe that is the reason, way the installer cant overwrite the files.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Hi Oliver,

Still no joy - removed directory as instructed, but the install just zips thorough really quickly, doesnt install anything and still get the RPC failed message when killing the install...

Thanks, Leo

Nope, nothing at all happens - the installer says completed successfully, but nothing else happens, nothing launches, and looking inthe Aerosoft folder, there is no AES directory that I would have expected to have been created on this reinstall.

• Developer

Ok,

I have no idea, what can generate the problem, that the installer will not run, solong as the installer is not damaged.

I send a note to Andreas of Aerosoft, he is responsable for the installer, maybe he has any idea.

The only thing you can test is to deactive the virusscanner, if one is running, but I don't think that he will block the install without any message.

On my PC the AES-Base&AirportPack-V140.EXE with 11.904 Bytes and a date of 20.3.2007

If you have a different filedate or size, please try to download the ZIP again.

Sorry,

Oliver Pabst

Oliver, pretty sure its the way the installer is checking things...and hope the following may help Andreas? Whether its anything you can look into further, I dont know. Removing all traces of AES from the registry (v manual process, checked every key with either Aerosoft or AES-Base) , clearing out the whole of temp files on a reboot, and ensuring the AES folder is not present in the Aerosoft dir WILL let the installer correctly and fully install 1.4.0. Evidently, something in the installer is looking at the registry and the info back is causing the installer to "go wrong". However, the installshield will still hang on clicking finish, and only a CTRL ALT DEL will terminate the process, still generating the error about the remote procedure call failing. I dare not uninstall again in case everything breaks, but perhaps its worth seeing what happens on the next update and let you know? Thanks for your help, it is appreciated, I know these things can be pretty system specific and not suggesting its your badly written installer, its likely your installer and something on my system that dont really go happily together :)

Leo

• Developer

I dont know what he is looking for in the reg, but one think he is looking for is the installpath of the FS. Did you come to the point, where you can select the install path and did he show the FS2004 Maindirectory?

brgds

Oliver

• Root Admin

Hi,

if exists, please delete this folder..

c:Program FilesInstallShield Installation Information{20A96613-3802-436C-842E-653C62FABA0D}

Delete the complete <FS9>AerosoftAES directory

Now it's time to run the latested version..

http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/aes/AES-...rtPack-V140.zip

Hi Andreas, yes it did exist, and yes i did remove it. Re running the setup did appear to behave itself - it was installing the files, as there was a progress bar. It launched AES fine, but still hangs when clicking finish - error as requested below.

error_AES.jpg