TCS and Radar

MikeNcali

Starting to get into some of the missions that come with F14X. How do you lock up targets in radar? with extended you can now use the rio stick. cant find the fsx default keys for it. I see it in advanced using setup but i dont have FSUIPC. When I was able to lock up a target.I switch to TCS but i get a black screen. i can see the green behind but it's like a black square blocking the screen. I dont have tacpack but i still should be able to locked up targets right?  Also is there a plan to have a working TARPS pod?

You can lock up a target on the radar by bringing up the shift-3 panel and using the <> buttons to cycle through targets, alternatively (and I may be mistaken since it has been a long time since I have used anything other than my custom binding to lock a target, and can't double check right now) the button to the right of the RIO radar screen should lock up whatever is underneath the TID/(and DDD possibly?) cursor at the time. The default button is the G1000 MFD Cursor Select button, its in with all the other GPS controls and can be a little hard to find as there are so many of them.

The TCS, TARPS and LANTIRN are all implemented through the use of tacpack, so tacpack is required for those functions to work. Your flightsim will also have to be running in DX9 mode for those features to show as the DX10 preview breaks the experimental feature of tacpack upon which these run.

I'm using P3DV3.2 and DX11. I was able to lock targets with out the G100 MFD curser button. I clicked it and didnt do anything. but I did get it working. sucks that I need TacPack..

• 8 months later...
On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 8:28 PM, MikeNcali said:

I'm using P3DV3.2 and DX11. I was able to lock targets with out the G100 MFD curser button. I clicked it and didnt do anything. but I did get it working. sucks that I need TacPack..

For lock a target with a tgp or radar, you must hold the Ctrl left of the keyword and use the numpad for move the radar cursor (numpad 2 to move up, 8 to move down, 4 to move left and 6 for move right. 5 reset to in center position). When the cursor is in a good position, push the trigger of your joystick for lock target. Excuse me for my english. I'm french.

Archived