Flight Calculator not being recognised by FSUIPC V3.73

ggergk

I have FSX and FS9 loaded on the same computer.

Flight Calculator works well if run from this computer however it is not recognised on a networked computer.

I have only tried it with FS9 on the client computer using the above version of FSUIPC.

The network is alive and active as Wide FS is recognised when I start FS9.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gregg

Hello Gregg,

If Widefs actually sends the required data then it should work but if not then it wont. Its designed as a stand alone tool that just gets information from Flight Sim via FSUIPC so maynot in actual fact work with WideFS.

• Aerosoft
Hello Gregg,

If Widefs actually sends the required data then it should work but if not then it wont. Its designed as a stand alone tool that just gets information from Flight Sim via FSUIPC so maynot in actual fact work with WideFS.

As far as I know WideFS models the whole FS on the slave machine so the tool should not even be able to see the difference. But I have not tried it myself to be honest.

• 10 months later...

I am having the same problem, it is not running across WideFS and I use 3.783 which is the lates FSUIPC. I have posted this and still no reply. If this product does not run on WideFS, I probably just wasted my money. I have not been able to get it to connect via WideFS, just a blank screen the does nothing and shows no connection light. Help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. If this can not be run via wideFS, please let me know and I will stop trying to make it work. It does not do me much good on my FS PC since it is a semi home cockpit and only FS9 runs on that box driving several monitors on a black box . . .

I would really appreciate any help or suggestions here.

Thanks

Joe

Also, this is what got me to purchase it in the first place . . .

"Connection with FS

Aerosoft Flight Calculator can be linked to FS2004 to retrieve data that you would otherwise have to enter manually. Doing it automatically saves you time and ensures the data is accurate. To connect to FS FSUIPC is used, this means that the Flight Calculator can be run on a seperate computer if WideFS is used."

The above was posted on the sales information at SimMarket . . .

JOe

Hello Joe,

Can you try the following as it may be the case.

Go to the Windows fonts folder and copy the Quartz font to a safe location other than the Fonts folder.

Delete the original and then replace the one you backed up back in the fonts folder. Let it do its thing and then try running the calculator on its own.

Does the symbols etc show up. Then try getting the data from FS2004.

Also the FSUIPC version I just downloaded from the official site was 3.7.5.0 !!