Beaver Textures

rjohnson97127

Is it possiable to port my VA skins for my FS9 Aerosoft Beaver to Beaver X? Any advise on how? I'm not a repainter and the guy who created our FS9 Aerosoft Beaver skins will not be moving to FSX (or Beaver X). Anything I can ask him to do for me? Any help at all?

RJ

Here is what you can do, take the texture you want and save it as 32 bit in your docs. Then load up the fuse texture from one of the existing FSX models that your old one is for in DXTBmp. Send it to your editor. Then load up the old texture you saved first along side the new one in your editor. Flip the old texture. Copy it and then paste it as a new layer over the new texture. There will be a few small areas that you will need to erase or cut and paste but for the most part, it will match up. Then save the texture, load back into DXTBmp and save as the original DDS formt. the spectular and Bump will stull be there.

Thank you, I can't believe it is that easy. You just made an amature very dangerous :lol:

I will create textures for our VA and post them for our FSX pilots to down load and install insted of going through all that. I and our VA thank you.

Tell me, does that only work on the Aerosoft Beaver or can I try that on other planes like say the default Beech Barron?

That only works on the Aerosoft Beaver (as far as the rotating of the textures goes) the rest of it should be ok if the textures are the same layout.

As Mike says that will get you up and running but the specular textures will still be for the old plane and thus there will be some discrepancies in that area. Try it and see if it works for you. I have been editing all the specular textures too, but leave the bump ones alone.

Also I have found a few of my FS9 textures do not completely line up in FSX and so I have had to tweak some of the repaints especially in the door and cowling areas. This very much depends on the repaint though so you just have to try it and see.

You are welcome, glad it helped. You can use that technique for other aircraft as long as the textures are the same and the mapping on the model is the same.

Good luck!

If you use the "Imagetool" from the FSX SDK, you don't even need to "flip" the images or alphas etc...

Imagetool saves DDS automatically with a flip.