BeaverX updated to version 2.30

• Aerosoft

Gents,

We just updated the BeaverX to version 2.30. This update contains all previous updates so using this one will update ALL versions to version 2.30. Apart from a few corrections, most important the Bank Indicator and the Attitude Indicator, we have added 3 more aircraft (thank to Nathan!). I like to call your attention to the mission that is added. It is really rather special. So special we made a small movie of the first few minutes (no edits); http://www.aerosoft2.de/downloads/dhc2-bea...verXMission.wmv

Here is what is in this update, the bold stuff is new in this last update;

o Adds Alaska Civil Air Patrol Floats

o Adds Eastern Provincial Airways Wheels

o Adds Eastern Provincial Airways Ski/Wheels

o Adds glass to external views

o Adds smoke to Tundra startup

o Adds 2 new views (Engine Instruments and GPS)

o Adds ADF instead of clock

o Adds thumbnail Kenmore Beaver

o Corrects airspeed indicator

o Corrects Whiskey compass

o Corrects Attitude Indicator

o Corrects Bank Indicator

o Strengthening of ski gear

o Replaced Right Seat view by Switch View

o Added Mission!

o Manual included in Spanish, French, Spanish and English

To make it easier to see the switches we added a new view. This was done after we unfortunately had to rent one for a small additional study, it is rough job but somebody had to do it. The new view is what we found was the easiest way of seeing the lower end of the cockpit. You lean forwards and look down. So pretty realistic.

Switches.jpg

You will find the update in the FAQ/Updates section of the site. The complete file is also updated to version 2.30 at this moment.

Hats off to everybody who works on this project. I have flown BeaverX almost exclusively since it was released and loved every minute. The fact that you respond to customers suggestions, requests and questions so quickly and add them in amazes me. I can't wait until tomorrow night when I have enough time to tackle the included mission. Software publishers, heck business in general around the world should take a lesson from Aerosoft.

After a great many tries, I finally got the update downloaded. Then I tried to run the file. I already have the original BeaverX loaded.

I came to a registration page which asked for my "order" serial number. The only number I have is the one given me for the original BeaverX itself. I also have the FS9 Beaver, but doubt that serial number should work with this update. In any event, every time I try to run the update (is it 2.3 or 3.2?...I have conflicting version numbers.) the Installation Shield Wizard will not accept my registration number.

BTW, whoever decided that a 32 character serial/registration number was reasonable should have to enter and re-enter such a long number every day until he recognizes that people might have problems with that sort of thing.

The only other possibility may be that Aerosoft wants me to pay for this upgrade. Is that the case? If so, I have a few choice words on that, too.

Can anyone clue me in?

Bill Cline

Hi Bill,

You don't have to type the registration code in by hand. Left click and drag the mouse cursor from first character to last, press ctrl C (to copy) and then in the registration window ctrl V to past the copied reg no into the right field. Just make sure you don't copy an extra space before or after the serial number.

Oh - double left click also highlights the "word" under the cursor (beware about the added space at the end of the word though).

And another useful is to have two explorer windows open - one with the Aerosoft / Simflight / whatever website open where you bought the Beaver (open on the page which shows your registration code) and the second one where you want to register / re-register / re-install.

Hi Chris,

You get around, don't you? <g>

Thanks for the explanation but I'm fully aware of the easy way to copy and paste. At first, I thought probably one of those 32 characters was a "zero" instead of a simple alphabet "o" or I had capitolized a letter instead where it should be lower case.

I'm not sure I can get back to the url site where I was given my serial number for the BeaverX. So, I very carefully copied the serial number out of my little book which has all such stuff.

After changing my email address the other day, I lost my "keeper" folder in Outlook Express so I can't go back there to find the page where I first copied that number direct from Aerosoft.

Looks like I'm up the creek without a paddle. And I *do* want the revised BeaverX!

Thanks for responding.

Bill