Aircraft rolls right

callum112233

Hi. 

I have recently installed the twin otter extended and I like it, its good fun but I am yet to fully learn the systems. One thing I have noticed is that when I am flying with neutral aileron input, the aircraft rolls to the left. It doesn't do it for any other aircraft so I know it's not a faulty yoke.

Anyone have any ideas what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

46 minutes ago, callum112233 said:

Trim the ailerons?

You shouldn't need to do that, although it will mitigate the problem. Have you been playing with the fuel? If you have any fuel in the wing tanks (300 series) it is very sensitive to an imbalance. Other thing is to check your rudder trim is centred, particularly if you use an analogue control for it. (Look down below the right armrest to see the rudder and aileron trim settings.)

BTW, given that the rudder trim has a takeoff setting marked (to the right of centre) you should expect some left-rolling tendency on high power settings.

4 hours ago, MarkHurst said:

You shouldn't need to do that, although it will mitigate the problem. Have you been playing with the fuel? If you have any fuel in the wing tanks (300 series) it is very sensitive to an imbalance. Other thing is to check your rudder trim is centred, particularly if you use an analogue control for it. (Look down below the right armrest to see the rudder and aileron trim settings.)

BTW, given that the rudder trim has a takeoff setting marked (to the right of centre) you should expect some left-rolling tendency on high power settings.

Thanks. It was indeed a schoolboy error and I have been forgetting to reset the rudder trim after takeoff.

Whilst I am here though, can I ask why my elevator axis seems so sensitive? The roll axis is fine but the elevator seems extra sensitive.

45 minutes ago, callum112233 said:

Whilst I am here though, can I ask why my elevator axis seems so sensitive? The roll axis is fine but the elevator seems extra sensitive.

That will depend on what you are using and how you have set it up! Regardless, you can make it less sensitive by using FSUIPC and selecting a suitable slope shape for that axis.

Can you also recommend the custom FDE that is posted on this forum? 

Yes I can. It's definitely an improvement. If you are using P3D, you should read the postings. There is one parameter having a negative impact. It's all in the threads here.

Rgds

Reinhard

Archived