Corporate business jets

musefan

So I was looking at buying something different for FSX. My boss has had a couple of jets over the years. He has Lear 40 at the moment along with a Falcon 200ex. He also used to have a Cessna Citation (my personal favourite). Considering I really liked the Citation in real life, I'd be very tempted to go for the Eaglesoft Citation X as it seems to be fairly accurate and has a fully functional FMS.

What are other people's opinions? What business jets have you you have in your virtual collection and what are peoples recommendations?  

Hi...

I'm in the same boat - been looking for a good business jet - while ES CX gets the lions share of the attention - I always liked the small CJ's much better... A few weeks ago I tried the ES CJ1+ and I couldn't get it to work - it stutters all the time - I posted in the ES forum outlining my problem - and Ron's answer was don't use it with Win10... So - if you don't have or plan to ever use Win10 it may be a good fit... I just requested my money back from F1 as I can't use it...

Eaglesoft has two newer models being worked but I have no idea if they will run with Win10...

I'm tempted by Carenado's latest CJ2 - as feedback seems pretty good - but - I'm cautious as I've been burned by Carenado a number of times...

MilViz which has impressed me quite a bit and has a Lear 60 in the oven but no telling how long that will be...

I think I saw an older Lear on FS Developer in progress and in the advanced stages of modeling...

Flightsimware has a Lear 35 - but - the modeling just seems a little behind the current standards...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah well I have Windows 10 so that could be tricky.

However, with the newer stuff ES are working on, I'd be astounded if they weren't W10 compatible. I mean that would be just stupid.

As a side note, is it going against the rules making posts looking for recommendations for non-Aerosoft products? I'm not really sure of the rules as far as this goes. I know I could ask on FlightSim or Avsim, but I've gotten to know people a lot better here :lol: 

Hi...

I'm no expert on the forum rules but I don't think it's an issue as Aerosoft has always seemed pretty reasonable from my experience...

Here is Ron's response to me in regards to my issue with Win10 (it doesn't sound very promising):

=================================================

Scott, glad to see a new customer but we regret that you and others feel the need to use W10/FSX combinations.

Fact 1. No difficulty with W7 OS and FSX.

Fact 2. Difficulty with W10 when the security settings crop up and cause FSX to be dragged to a slowdown.

Fact 3. F1 DRM has zero to do with your issue.

Fact 4. W10 AND it's security settings bloat have all to do with your issue.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton

=================================================

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bit the bullet and bought the Cessna Citation X 2.0. Hopefully I didn't make the wrong choice. Gonna have a bit of fun this evening methinks :)

Well it wasn't as much fun as I  had hoped. I spent most of my evening ironing out wrinkles and figuring out how it works lol

First impressions, it's very easy on frame rate, which is important on my limited PC. However, the cockpit resolution is nowhere near the same standard as the Aerosoft Airbus. Looking forward to playing a bit more with it over the weekend.

There seems to be a shortage on tutorial flights on the internet/youtube. Even the documentation that comes with it is very badly thought out.

Archived