AES - What's and when it's next

alexvs

Oliver,

What's next in AES? More airports or the long awaited and much asked more activities around the aircraft? And when it's next? When can we expect to feed our passengers or fly on an emty stomach and without suitcases to new AES-ports :D?

• Developer

Next pack expacted end of this week, not confirmed yet. More details later next days.

More features are planed to be developed next month.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Great news, Oliver.

Thank you!

Looking forward to both new airports and new features.

Best regards,

Rafal

P.S. Unless my (non-female) intuition misleads me, I can feel Dubai coming... :wink:

• Developer

Hi,

here the list of Airport, planed for the Release of the next version this Friday:

Flytampa:

OMDB - Dubai (4 Credits)

Simwings:

LEAL - Alicante (1 Credit)

LEAM - Almeria (1 Credit)

LEJR - Jerez (1 Credit)

LEMG - Malaga (2 Credits)

LEPP - Pamplona (0 Credit - free)

LEVC - Valencia (1 Credit)

LEXJ - Santander (1 Credit)

LXGB - Gibraltar (0 Credit - free)

GAP:

EDDB - Berlin Schoenefeld (1 Credit)

LOWI - Innsbruck (1 Credit)

EDFH - Frankfurt Hahn (1 Credit)

brgds

Oliver Pabst

So, Oliver are there any new words about whether some of the older FlyTampa airports will be able to be done or is the technology that built those airports too old?

• Developer
So, Oliver are there any new words about whether some of the older FlyTampa airports will be able to be done or is the technology that built those airports too old?

Sorry, but Miami and Tampa is very unrealistic, but maybe I can check San Diego.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

In my personal opinion I don't see why Dubai (OMDB) should be worth 4 credits when Vienna and Munich only costs 3 and are more used and detailed.

Is for the third over the wing jetway?

• Developer
In my personal opinion I don't see why Dubai (OMDB) should be worth 4 credits when Vienna and Munich only costs 3 and are more used and detailed.

Is for the third over the wing jetway?

The credits or not only defined by size (and not based on usage or details of the scenery), it's more releated to the invest of time to realize the airport. In Dubai, I must redo nearly the howl scenery to solve the problems with the glass areas. That's very time intensive.

The third jetway keeps static for the moment, but if possible, it is animated later, but therefor the code of AES must change in many parts.

I don't want to increase the credits of an existing airport later, so I must have in view all future invests. Therefor Dubai is not possible below 4 credits. If it is to much for you, don't use it.

BTW: Dubai has 135 animated jetways, non other airport has more.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Dubai has 135 animated jetways
Wow, I didn't know that! :shock:

Anyway, thanks for Dubai.

I can't wait till Friday - if I'm dead before, you'll pay compensation to my wife. :wink:

Best regards,

Rafal

Sorry, but Miami and Tampa is very unrealistic, but maybe I can check San Diego.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

It's pretty much San Diego that I was asking about so thank you for looking into that. :wink:

The credits or not only defined by size (and not based on usage or details of the scenery), it's more releated to the invest of time to realize the airport. In Dubai, I must redo nearly the howl scenery to solve the problems with the glass areas. That's very time intensive.

The third jetway keeps static for the moment, but if possible, it is animated later, but therefor the code of AES must change in many parts.

I don't want to increase the credits of an existing airport later, so I must have in view all future invests. Therefor Dubai is not possible below 4 credits. If it is to much for you, don't use it.

BTW: Dubai has 135 animated jetways, non other airport has more.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Understand that it is a problem to raise value of an airport after release, maybe it is possible to have some movement for the Dubai Cargo Area aswell, then it's definatly will be worth the credit, maybe 5 too

Gee that was it for the U.S.? Went back to non U.S. airports, boohoo. Im not a happy camper.

What else is there besides San Diego(that Oliver is looking into) and Miami and Tampa which are eliminated?

• Aerosoft
Gee that was it for the U.S.? Went back to non U.S. airports, boohoo. Im not a happy camper.

Keyno, first of all please accept that the US market is just not very large these days. Just check the coverage of major US airports versus European major airports. When you got that in perspective you got to take into account that we need modern gmax/3dsMax airport as a base, that make the possible sources even smaller as a lot of US developments are rather old these days.

The last aspect is that we need source code of the airport to get AES working. That means we need full corporation from the developer. That is just easier with people that are friends or commercial partners (often the same btw).

But if you got ideas, contacts etc... we would love jumping the ocean again!

What else is there besides San Diego(that Oliver is looking into) and Miami and Tampa which are eliminated?

ImagineSim are the only other multi (greater than two) major airport developer I can think of that does Stateside locations in gMax format. They may be worth contacting if Oliver gets a break in amongst the million and one other requests... :lol:

Ian P.

Keyno, first of all please accept that the US market is just not very large these days.

That's my impression aswell. Not much for download, should be simflyers.

Keyno, you should make a pressure to fly tampa or another scenery developer for the US to make more scenerys

This is just AES, an utility

True, not much. But Simflyers is an old story with frames-eating technology.

There is a nice LAX by Cloud9 however.

Best regards,

Rafal

Cloud9 isn't interested unfortunately.

Simflyers DFW gives me <5fps, with no AI traffic enabled at all. The same with every other Simflyers scenery I have tried in FS9. Compare that to 30fps with max AI traffic and bad weather at FlyTampa KSEA and it's just not going to work. :?

Imaginesim may not be as good as FlyTampa according to reviews, but at least the sceneries are usable!

It's pretty much San Diego that I was asking about so thank you for looking into that. :wink:

Do you have any new words on whether KSAN will be possible or not? :)