night lighting mod

dfw

The VC light map is quite well done but I added some light splash on the panels where illuminated by the gooseneck lights (at 2:10).  This adds sense of space when it's pitch dark with the dials lit.  

I'll upload the texture sheets to the Aerosoft user library.

The video shows the EO pod in operation from the back seat, fun stuff.

https://youtu.be/w7LG7_ghjw8

Please login to display this image.

haven't yet uploaded the files, finishing up the backseat lighting right now. 

this is what the back seat looks like, dusk and night:

in the included readme.txt, i mentioned the option of using the green floodlight fx file from Dino's F14D.  thought about a green light option but never found a photo or document showing how it would look.  

for example, would the lighting scheme resemble the f/a18e where the front panel is illuminated green with red side console lights?   i don't know.  

the f14 photos i've come across shows red bulbs under the rio glareshield so that much i'm sure of.  

I see it now on your read-me and will do that. Based on the "B" NATOPS there is a NVG FLOOD mod to the lighting panel for both cockpits controlling those lights. I assume the other lights are left off as any small leak of red light is not good on NVGs.

• 1 year later...

Sooooo.... Can anyone figure out a way to configure both red AND green lights, so that there are both options available via switch in the cockpit?

• 4 weeks later...

there's no way to use a switch to change to green unless the developer adjusts the model.  the real thing uses red lighting, only time you'll see green is if you're using NVG.  tacpack NVG can be used in that case for fsx in dx9 mode.

• 10 months later...

Archived