Super Cub

rsharrard

Any sneek peaks of work-in-progress on the Super Piper Cub X (or what ever you will call it.) You mentioned a possible modern panel (like Cub Crafters offers) maybe, please, please...! Looking to upgrade to FSX and a new computer in the fall, so hopefully she'll be ready by the time FSX Adrenalin comes out. How about low and slow threw the REB BULL course, or super charge that little engine and realy have some fun...new covering and struts after each flight? Robin

• Aerosoft
Any sneek peaks of work-in-progress on the Super Piper Cub X (or what ever you will call it.) You mentioned a possible modern panel (like Cub Crafters offers) maybe, please, please...! Looking to upgrade to FSX and a new computer in the fall, so hopefully she'll be ready by the time FSX Adrenalin comes out. How about low and slow threw the REB BULL course, or super charge that little engine and realy have some fun...new covering and struts after each flight? Robin

Sorry work has not yet begun on this model and has not even been scheduled in at this moment.

• 11 months later...

Hello Mathijs,

is there any news about the Piper Super Cub for FSX? Is it at least planned? Did I miss something in the last months?

Any information would be appreciated, because I would love to see it done an flying in FSX ;)

Jerry

Mathijs,

I believe there are plenty of us who bought the FS9 Cub who would appreciate your updating this fine Airplane for FSX. Why you have continued to ignore us for so long is really beyond my understanding!

Please give us a date and don't forget that we are your CUSTOMERS and should be treated with some respect!

I would really like it updated too, favorite airplane and cant even fly it since FS9 was uninstalled. Funny how you made a post asking for new ideas for future projects when there are a couple that really need updating, like the cub.

I would really like it updated too, favorite airplane and cant even fly it since FS9 was uninstalled. Funny how you made a post asking for new ideas for future projects when there are a couple that really need updating, like the cub.

Totaly agree.

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.ph...p;highlight=cub

Mathijs did already say that they will have a look on it. So a new version seems to be realistic or lets say your hopes for it are. But such things will surely not happen in matter of days or weeks. As far as I understood the thread about the airtractor or alternatives is for projects which we will see 2009. I am sure it is not unwillingness but the problem of time and capacity to do it.

Please give us a date and don't forget that we are your CUSTOMERS and should be treated with some respect!

I think respect on other side means that we get dates which are realistic. We all don't want to get a ficitious date and then it is delayed several times.

Greetings From Seattle,

I also have an interest in the Super Cub. Cub Crafters in Yakima WA announced Boeing Commercial Aircraft President and CEO Scott Carson bought one of their super cubs.

www.cubcrafters.com

No telling how many airframes this guy has in his own livery. He probably buys planes like we buy software.

Your people should come back to Seattle, say hi, and then fly to Yakima to check them out. I still use the default XCub on many occasions simply because there is no better cub that I know of. You could change all of that.

The new Sportcubs by Cubcrafters are awesome! We have 2 '07 builds as well as the old and beautiful PA18. Fly very similar.. probably the most pleasurable planes I have flown so far!

Would love to see a Cub update.

Hello nandando,

Mathijs has not long come back from Germany as have I and we are playing a little catchup at the moment. He's maybe checking slightly more important issues right now. But then importance is in the eye of the beholder :)

• Aerosoft
Are we wasting our time here, or does Mathijs read these posts?

So far I see no answer from AEROSOFT!

All posts are always read, but there is not a lot that can be said that has not been said before. Right now I can't see if or when we'll do a FSX version of the cub, we got a very loaded schedule and an aircraft like a cub actually is a big project due to the small details. A streamlined Boeing is actually simpler in the external details, certainly as all complex parts are repeated many times.

I've just read about the Cubcrafters Sport Cub S2, including flight test in 'Pilot' (UK GA magazine) and it sounds like an absolute corker.