REX4 & Seeing Same Weather in CFD/Shared Cockpit

DaveCT2003

Guys,

I've spent a LOT of time with many different people working out the best way for a Pilot and Copilot to see (as much as possible, and sometimes its EXACT) the same weather.

From my other posts you know that the two CFD users should use the same weather program and settings, and that's enough for the affects of weather on the aircraft.

But to see the same weather (or almost the same weather) you also have to use the same textures.  Many people today use REX4 textures, and there is something important when it comes to using these textures.

One terrific thing about REX / REX4 is that one can save weather themes and share them (works great for seeing the same weather in Shared Cockpit).  The problem occurs with REX Soft Clouds.  You see, REX sells a REX4 & Soft Clouds Bundle, but they also sell both separately. The Bungle product is great as the Soft Cloud textures are included in the saved weather theme.  But the separate product does not include Soft Cloud textures in a saved weather theme, which essentially prevents saved weather themes from being shared when both parties don't have the Bundled product,

My recommendation is to purchase the REX4 & Soft Clouds Bundle product (it's only about $5 more than REX4).

Best wishes.

Archived