Valencia X texture problem

3ra_Luke

Dear sirs, I´m having a texture problem that I cant solve. See photo attached.

Over 2300 feet, black weird textures boxes appear over the airport. When I dencent at lower altitude, they start dissapearing.  This is noticeable only in flight, and over the mentioned altitude. They seem to be textures from vehicles, ground objects etc..

I recently purchased a new PC, and installed Prepar3D 3.2 and all sceneries from zero. I tried moving upper and lower the scenery order, disabling all addons, disabling mesh, etc. I use FTX Vector, but before install it, I tried UTX Europe and vanilla Prepar3D, and had the same problem. I checked for double or redundant .bgl. Nothing helped. 

Any ideas?

Tnx in advance.

Please login to display this image.

• 3 weeks later...

Nobody? Updated to Valencia X 1.10 and the same problem. HELP!!!!   I dont understand why I´m seeing "pathfinder_common_XXXXX.dds" textures (cars textures) in the ground!!!?? Deleting them helps, but there´s still a big black texture that surrounds the airport. See the image I uploaded.

Tried everything. Mesh, Scenery order, disabling other airports and lights, etc... Nothing helped. No ideas?

could you post your scenery.cfg to show what and in which order you have installed ?

maybe a problem with the graphic driver ? - your card seems to be more than capable.

maybe you try to lower some graphic settings (even if yout frames and VAS are ok)?

8 hours ago, data63 said:

could you post your scenery.cfg to show what and in which order you have installed ?

maybe a problem with the graphic driver ? - your card seems to be more than capable.

maybe you try to lower some graphic settings (even if yout frames and VAS are ok)?

Hi, my scenery file is the typical. All FTX regions and airports up, Other airports center, and Meshes, down. Believe me, I tried moving Valencia on every level in the scenery and nothing. Disabled all addons, and nothing. Black textures.

Also tried lots of config combinations, lower settings etc... In fact, my fps are now ok with my new pc. Still low, but flyable.

I think only developers know why those particular textures are showing there. Why the ground bgls are calling those objects textures. Its really weird.

Tnx.

well - as you seem to be the only one experiencing the problem there's a great chance the problem is on your side.

As you are getting just "medium" performance with the gear in your signature for me it looks like there is a problem with yout setup/installation.

maybe you used a "tweak of death" in your P3D configuration - in this case a " back to default" may help.

No, sir, he is not the only one. The same happens to me and I suppose to everybody. Just try and slew to a quite high altitude, then look down...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This airport is doomed for me. Tried Prepar3D 3.2 and 3.3. Same texture problems as I posted before.

Bought FSX Steam Edition, tried Valencia X and same problems, and when I updated to latest 1.1.2 version, and this is what I see: a big fat black box.

Tried everything. Before, in Prepar3D 3, I had tried UTX Europe, Orbx Vector, no luck. Removed bgl´s, disabled sceneries...NOTHING solved the problem. Two different PCs. Now, FSX SE, the same black textures problems. Well, now at least the black box is squared and regular. :-(

And I dont want to comment the low fps. Just the black box.

What is happening with this scenery????

Well, the fix works for me on FSX SE with DX10 Fixer enabled. I will try in Prepar3D once I install it again.

Now I dont have PAPI lights. Still is needed to install de hotfix that was avaliable on v.1.0 ? I will try, just in case it works.

Still there´s room for optimize the fps. Lots of texture reloads (2 seconds to reload the ground textures) when you look again to the airport once you change views.

Tnx for the fix.

10 hours ago, ca210270 said:

The hotfix doesn't fix the black rectangle visible from high altitude in P3D! (see my post of April 5 in this thread)

Hello ca210270, how is your settings on P3D?. Best regards.

9 hours ago, 3ra_Luke said:

Well, the fix works for me on FSX SE with DX10 Fixer enabled. I will try in Prepar3D once I install it again.

Now I dont have PAPI lights. Still is needed to install de hotfix that was avaliable on v.1.0 ? I will try, just in case it works.

Still there´s room for optimize the fps. Lots of texture reloads (2 seconds to reload the ground textures) when you look again to the airport once you change views.

Tnx for the fix.

Hello, 3ra_Luke. Don´t you have PAPI lights on P3D or FSX?. PAPI lights never has reported problema and we don´t touch any file that affects the PAPI (PAPI lights are native from FSX or P3D (we never make custom PAPI lights )  And refering of hotfix that come with V1.0 not, that just was for taxiground lights. Thanks for report that hotfix Works for you. Best regards.

10 hours ago, Fabian Latinwings said:

Hello ca210270, how is your settings on P3D?. Best regards.

Hi Fabian, I think it does not depend on the settings. I tried to edit the files Valenciaxgroundanimations.bgl, Valenciaxgroundanimations1.bgl and Valenciaxgroundanimations2.bgl with Model Converter X and saw that there are those big black rectangles (in the Valenciaxgroundanimations2.bgl the big rectangle is not black but has vehicles drawings on it). I just removed the rectangles, recompiled and now everything looks ok ;-)

Hi again. Is correct. Just a note, maybe that animaciones not work far of your position, that is the reason that a plane was placed on the bgl, that is below of ground by 500m. I think that the mesh setting is playing here. Thanks for your report.

Best regards,

Fabian 

Hi Fabian, I checked the scenery with and without those black rectangles and it seems that there is no difference, I see a bus, a yellow car and a blue/white car moving around the airport in both cases. Do you confirm that they are the only moving vehicles in the scenery? As to the mesh, I use the default ones, no additional mesh. Thank you.

Sorry to report the problem still exist in Prepar3D v.3.x. Installed P3D from zero. No other addons except PMDG 737 and FTX Global. No mesh.

When I saw the black rectangle again, I tried the bgl from the FSX/FSX SE fix file, to see if it solved the problem. But NOT.

In FSX/FSX SE is solved, but still there´s a problem with Prepar3D v3. The image shows my 737 LEAL-LEBL. I must say that when approached LEVC, had an brutal memory descent. Two minutes after this shot was taken, had an OOM.

If the black rectangle wasn´t not enough, also causes OOM. No se que pasa con este escenario.

Saludos desde Alicante.

• 2 weeks later...

More images of the problem, as it seems that nobody seems to care about this problem. Latest version installed. Very dissapointing.

Archived