Coast Guard HH60/NSC

rfenner

I have a question.

I don't have a functional copy of FS2004 anymore...little kids......

I do have FSX and wanted to buy the Coast Guard HH60/NSC package, when do you anticipate releasing the patch to get it 100% for FSX?

I'm an Active duty Coast Guard member and cant wait to fly it, but dont want to get a non-FSX functional aircraft.

Um.. I know theres a dirty/quick fix. But, I also know that all of the features of the aircraft dont work with FSX since its an FS2K4 aircraft. I dont want to fly something that doesnt have gauges or major features that dont work like many other "FSX" conversions....

The last posting I saw that said a fix was coming in a relatively short period of time was back in DEC 06.

Dont take this as a slam, and I don't know about you, but I dont see the Space shuttle for FSX as a real high priority....its a flight sim not a space sim.

The shots I have seem for all aerosofts aircraft are fantastic, but the shuttle is just a really big brick with wings. It doesnt fly, it falls at a relatively fast pace and doesnt have engines for atmospheric flight.

• Aerosoft
Um.. I know theres a dirty/quick fix. But, I also know that all of the features of the aircraft dont work with FSX since its an FS2K4 aircraft. I dont want to fly something that doesnt have gauges or major features that dont work like many other "FSX" conversions....

The last posting I saw that said a fix was coming in a relatively short period of time was back in DEC 06.

Dont take this as a slam, and I don't know about you, but I dont see the Space shuttle for FSX as a real high priority....its a flight sim not a space sim.

The shots I have seem for all aerosofts aircraft are fantastic, but the shuttle is just a really big brick with wings. It doesnt fly, it falls at a relatively fast pace and doesnt have engines for atmospheric flight.

All gauges are okay (apart from the the standby speedo). And we did not do the Space Shuttle, lol.

Opps sorry on the shuttle......

Do all of autopilot modes work? I had read there were some isses with it not being able to fly sideways.

Dont get me wrong, im gonna buy it, I just want to make sure that Im spending my money on the better products. there are just too many out there to chooose from and some dont cut the mustard so to speak.

• Aerosoft
Opps sorry on the shuttle......

Do all of autopilot modes work? I had read there were some isses with it not being able to fly sideways.

Dont get me wrong, im gonna buy it, I just want to make sure that Im spending my money on the better products. there are just too many out there to chooose from and some dont cut the mustard so to speak.

The tree axis SAS works fine as far as we know.

SAS does work fine in FSX

My experience with this is mixed. In FSX, I can get the SAS to control the helicopter in the X and Y axes, but not the Z. In other words, I can control forward and lateral movement, but it won't hold an altitude.

Examples:

- With FS9, I could use SAS to get off the ground and hover at a certain altitude. With FSX, I roll forward on the ground but don't actually hover.

- With FS9, I could use SAS to hold the altitude I was at (baro hold). With FSX, I steadily lose altitude until I hit the ground.

I have tried different realism settings: full right, full left, and around the middle (where the manual for FS9 suggests). I asked about this on the forum several weeks ago, and the suggestion I heard then was that not all of the advanced features worked correctly in the Quick & Dirty conversion.

I would LOVE to be wrong about this.

The tree axis SAS works fine as far as we know.

And if the "tree" axis doesn't work you can "leaf" it in the hangar for virtual maintenance. :D

I just want to make sure that Im spending my money on the better products

In all my dealings with Aerosoft, I have never been disappointed. IMO they have only the better products.

That's odd dwo.

I'm sure you are doing everything like you did in FS9, so I won't make this question.

There's a variable here, I guess I missed. I NEVER use SAS for auto-flight. Call it professional thingy. I fly it manual, so i add thrust to take off and THEN kick in the SAS system.

Maybe my throttle input isn't allowing me to see the vertical axys flaw you mention.

Let me make the lazy... sorry, the automatic take off to hover mode