The Great Catalina Experiment

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm seems aerosoft has sooo many projects going on right now and its been quite a while since we have seen a FSX release

any ball park figure as to when we might see something?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

front turret still too small. look forward to buying it when finished.

a pic i took with my buddy standing on it for size. if you were to lay a tape measure across the top of that turret the diameter should be 36 inches at the top circle. the base of the turret is bigger, of course, because it tapers out. it looks like your 3d modeler may have been using some warped or low detail line drawings.

Pby-turret.jpg

I feel the model choices here are getting better and better. The pics you show Mathijs, of that black one wouls suit an immediate post-war RNoAF Cataline Mk. IVB (PBY-5B) just fine, save for the pylon-mounted radar behind the canopy. Making an amfib. variant with the long exhaust shrouds and the same radar, would gather for the later variants.

Have a look at them here:

http://home.online.no/~vingtor/Catalina/Ca...na-feature.html

... under 333 Sqn RNoAF, about halfway down, please consider doing them.

I have come to grips with the modelling issues. I gather it's a bit late in development to rectify, or is it?

Best

I wanted to add a quick remark.

In the AlphaSim 3D model and the color drawing the Turret is not correct comparing to what i see in the REAL PBY picture. The turret is inclined toward the rear like a car windshield and in the 3D model it is modeled straight and too small. Look well .. I think the modeler are using a not precise drawing or a drawing that is not correct like the ones in the link above.

Continue it's on the good direction..

Thx

• 2 weeks later...
The 15th february... lol.gif :mrgreen:

20?? :?

Although it ought not to be too long now - after all, we know all the FSX bugs that will affect it... no? So all we need do ( :?: ) is have the devs compile to current standards...

:twisted:

• 2 weeks later...