Throttle issue...

ssirhc

I am having this issue as well. Seems to be a Cold & Dark issue. I started a free flight with C&D settings with the F-14B and could get no feedback from the throttles once the engines were spooled up. However, I changed models to the F-14A with C&D settings checked off and the throttles were completely responsive was able to do a quick taxi and takeoff test. I did do a complete re-installation of the F-14 Extended as advised but I did not upgrade to a newer version FSUIPC, ALT Throttle was deselected for both the F-14B & A models.

Deinstalled, all Files removed an reinstalled. Same as before. If started with engingens on there is no problem. With C&D in bothes models  the thrust didn´t work. ALT Throttle is deselected, FSUIPC is unregisterd. The Settings are the same as  Enrico BjThats why I don´t add new Screenshots.

Hi,

I add myself to the former simmers. Even my throttle doesn't work from C&D, but only with the plane ready to start. Tried all the soluctions - FSUIPC (payware), "alternate throttle" -, but to no avail.

Regards,

Fulvio Arman

Hi!

Same issue here.

I've done some testing with another planes, with or without FSUIPC profles, on old and newest version of FSUIPC, with HOTAS on in sim and off (everything going throught FSUIPC).

I have Tomcat on some airport as default flight in P3D startup. When i start sim in default flight and i can see the pit I'm looking down and see proper throttle response. In moment (couple secend after pit is visible) when Tomacat is loading payload manger or just finishing some internal checks throttle is going to off position (IMPORTANT). Then when i have set (1) C&D everything stays off or if (2) not, automatic start up procedure is launching.

in case 1 after manual start up (using mouse to set TH from off to idle) no response for TH movement.

in case 2 after automatic start up no response for TH movement.

BUT if, after case 2 with all ready to taxi, i load new plane to sim (it doesnt matter f-14 A or B ) it is loaded in prevous plane state as initial (ready to taxi, TH  min IDLE no OFF) TH is fully operational with or without payload manager, no issue.

BUT if in any case I put TH to OFF position issue occures again and no throttle response after engines startup.

From this tests i can tell that in my case TH issue is cause by TH OFF position (initial after couple secends when plane is loaded on sim start or puted there manually). After that something is happening and no TH movement is recognize by Tomcat.

My specs: Win 7, P3D 2.5, FSUIPC registered, TACPAC, Saitek X52 pro.

I reinstalled my FSX!!, this Beauty, and my registered FSUIPC, so everything is freshly installed, only these addons are in the sim. The throttle still not working. What I can see in my FSUIPC Joystick Calibration page, my throttle goes between -16193 and 16192.

I can't calibrate to show 0 in iddle. Yet! Any help? Is this the possible issue??

Oh, I forgot, my joy is a logitech x3d so it has single axis throttle.

i deleted f14x v1.1 and deleted any files left behind i reinstalled f14x extended and same problem as before i didnt include screen shot because settings are the same as Enrico Bj..i got tired of sitting on the ground wasting jet fuel trying to get this beautifully crafted f14x extended in the air, especially getting a taste of it now im definitely not going back to v1.1 so i figured out a way to get it working for the mean time..i went to the FSX folder/simobjects/airplanes/aerosoft f14b folder and inside the panel folder i dropped the OLD f14_axes.dll file from the previous f14 v1.1 that i had saved in a separate folder and opened the current panel.cfg (extended) and inside this file using wordpad i edited under [VCockpit01] i replaced gauge16 throttle manager with this gauge16=F14_Axes!AxisManager, 0,0,1,1 and my throttles worked BUT certain things stopped working like the red brake lights and my wingsweep control was glitchy so i put everything back to normal did a fresh install of f14 extended and i went back to the panel.cfg and added // to the gauge16 so it looks like this //gauge16=F14_Throttle!ThrottleManager, 0,0,1,1 so basically disabling throttle manager.. now lights work everythings works only problem now is that the throttle doesnt move visually but the plane actually moves!!! so im guessing the problem we are all having has to do with that throttle.dll inside the panel folder..

I tried to disable my joy, and I configured all controller events (axis, buttons) in the FSUIPC (v4.949h), it was fine, till the cockpit was alive, but, when I turn off the engines, I can't use the throttle again too.

Also having this issue in FSX Acc. uninstalled and reinstalled using the method you described, Jcagle, and also recalibrated my joystick in FSUIPC just in case. Unfortunately my ACM pops up in the sim at the start no matter what, as I have it set that way. But I fear it's the same as everyone else, where the throttles stop working as soon as the ACM shows up. 
Crazy little bug to skip past the beta testers though. Hopefully it's a fast fix. I'll keep trying things on my end and seeing if I can get results. 

Okay, as long as I can't reproduce the issue on my end, all we can do is revision control evals and looks at previous versions just before major structural changes were made. This is particularly hairy since this problem never came up during beta testing (or v1.1).

With that in mind, if one or two people can test this file and tell me if it works, it would be great. It's a copy/paste replacement in the panel directory (all models).

Be aware that certain features (B model Autothrottle in particular) will be broken with this file, so it's not and end point.

[File Removed]

Hey jcagle I'm sure this is frustrating after all the awesome work you put in on the extended, but I'm sure I can echo many others in saying your doing an amazing job!  Thanks!

:grouprespect_s:

Right I have found the following.  Having installed the latest version of FSUPIC.  With the early model A series aircraft everything seems okay.  WIth the late model A series aircraft the Engines respond to the throttle inputs however the animated throttles in the cockpit don't work.  With the B model the neither the engines nor the Animated throttles respond.  Hope this helps

11 hours ago, jcagle said:

Well, back to the drawing board.

For those in need, I am re-posted the limited (but functional) dll:

F14_Throttle.dll

Hi, just tested, and in my case is working fine. Just in case, I saved the original file.

Thanks a lot & regards,

Fulvio

Announcement is following shortly, but a new installer has been uploaded v2.01. This is should correct issues for the majority of users (and everyone should perform a clean install with it).

David: You reported earlier that the issue was fixed based on the ALT THROT setting? The purpose of that option is to tell the dll where the throttle input is coming from?

Enrico: Looking over this thread, there have clearly been at least three sources of throttle mis-function. One of them was a bug in the dll, which according to targeted testing has been fixed. The attached dll and the one in v2.01 is essentially a carbon copy of what was present in v1.1. The only thing I can think of, is that after going into C&D there is some switch or other function that holding the throttle in the OFF detent (e.g. in your video, you didn't left-click the throttles to move them from OFF->IDLE).

I just downloaded and tested the new version (v2.01), and what I can say, it works fine first look. I tested all A versions and the B version too. From cold and dark, and ready to fly state. Thats great. It seems the throttle issue is solved for mee. That was a fast look from me, so other bugs I can't see. It's a beautiful plane, thank you for your response. A quick and other possibly stupid question, all the repaints from the previous (v1.1) version are compatible for this (v2.01) version?

The throttles were in idle position... But that was the past, with the V2.01 throttles are OK, now it's time to enjoy all the features of this fantastic Tomcat.!

Thank you so much jcagle!!!

Sorry guys , I have a little problem, before take-off on the runway  the right engine afterburner is open ? why ?

I have to setting on engine panel ? is a bug or I have to do something else ? 

Thanks my best regards

Archived