Throttle issue...

ssirhc

If I start the free flight with this beauty, and the ACM panel isn't opened, I can handle the throttle well. But if I open the panel, something is wrong, I can't use the throttle.

Is this my own problem, or have it others too?? Thank you very much. My system: win 7 64, sim: FSX Accel., I am using FSUIPC

I used the 1.1 version before, and everything was fine.

Best regards: Chris

Hrm, that's an odd issue. I can't verify it on my machine (I tried opening all of the 2D panels). Interested to see if it happens with anyone else.

im having the same problem..it worked fine before on version 1.1, my throttle has no response im using saitek x52 pro and im also not getting any response from keyboard F1-F4, im running latest fsx steam edition on windows 7...other then that everything else works GREAT!!!!

Quite and odd problem and sorry to hear the troubles.  I am using P3D v3.2 with registered FSUIPC and have no difficulties.  Please don't take this as rubbing anything in, but I figured I'd throw this out there since it may be helpful for the team to know when it is and is not working to track down the problem.

Ok, till now all issue with an FSX version.
(I’m running P3D and can't duplicate)

Any extra info might be helpful,

-Only with ACM panel open?
-Version FSX, Clean installation or existing?

-How did you install the F-14X Extended? fresh install? did you uninstall F-14X before?
-Tacpack?
-Only throttle or also F1-F4 buttons?

i tried again...i noticed that if i start flight without that acm panel open, throttle works just fine but once that acm panel opens up i loose control of the throttle no response,keyboard f1-f4 doesnt work aswell, im using tacpack latest version,fsx steam latest version..the extended version of F14-X i did not install fresh im going to try that next, i will delete and do fresh install see if that helps, i also installed latest FSUIPC unregistered and that did nothing..

Same issue here, once the ACM pops up the throttles stop responding, if they are at Mil they fast return to idle, the "Alternate Throttle" described at pag.9 vol.1 doesn't work.

FSX+ACE, unregistred FSUIPC, REX, VRS F-18+TacPack, also tried disabling dll's loading of A2A and Milviz and nothing changed. 

Win 7 pro, GTX960 355.98, I7-2600.

Fresh install of V2.0 (uninstalled V1.1)

Cheers.

yea i give up i been trying all day to get this beautiful bird up in the air, i did a fresh install that didnt work, i also tried the alternate throttle on the ACM page and that doesnt work for me aswell, im guessing we need a registered version of FSUIPC?

If I start in ready to fly state, and I open the ACM panel, it works well. But if I press the cold and dark start, I start all systems, it seems, everything is working, except the throttle. Every other axis on my contorller (Logitech extreme 3d pro) operable.

Okay, this getting hard to track. It's important to establish that this problem never came up during beta testing and our ability to provide a fix is entirely dependent on being able to reproduce the issue. Please read carefully below:

- There are six people who are reporting issues with the throttle. As of now, the common factors are FSX (multiple versions) and issue starts when the ACM panel is opened.

- My common suggestion is that everyone uninstall the F-14 Extended (and any other version), then go into the SimObjects/Airplanes directory and delete any remaining F-14 directories. Now re-install the F-14 Extended into a fresh state. This needs to be the baseline state for all posts that follow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Once the F-14 has a clean install, please post (a) a screenshot of your axis assignment in FSX or FSUIPC and (b) Have you selected "ALT THROT" in the ACM?

I have to be honest.  I uninstalled but didn't check to see if it removed all the previous F-14X folders from SimObjects or the Aerosoft folder.  Will try again later. 

I know I didn't state this earlier but I am on P3D v3.2 even though it doesn't seem to make a difference since it seems to be an issue across the simulators. 

Uninstalled, there were no leftovers in /fsx, deleted the "F14" entries in FSX.cfg, reinstalled... Same issue:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3yef68_asf14xv2-th_videogames

If I start in "ready to fly"  everything works, but only with Alternate Throttle unselected.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

I think I have a fix.  I've upgrade to the latest version of FSUPIC and everything seems to be working.  With Alternate throttle turned off.

I have the same problem. But I also found a solution, at least one that works for me.

I use a Thrustmaster T.16000M, deactivated all axes in P3D v2 and configured them in FSUIPC.

Usually, I use the normal configuration on joystick calibration page 1 in FSUIPC, but that produces values from -16384 to 16384 for the throttle. The F-14 seems to need values from 0 to 16384. I was only able to change this behaviour on page 3 with some trial and error, but in the end it is working perfectly fine. I use an aircraft specific configuration because the normal calibration works perfectly fine with most other aircraft.

It is actually described in 

but I had to read it 5 times to see what I was doing differently :D

Archived