Horrible SOUND TRACKS In HDC-2 BEAVER

MrHobbit

Hi:

I have several sound tracks in the DHC-2 Beaver &Victoria Harbour, for FS 2004. I do not know how to get rid of those files. If I simply delete the files then I get a “BOINK” sound every time they recycle. Does anyone know how to get rid of those very annoying sound tracks.

Here is what the manuel said about these sounds:

When you shut down the engines in FS the world becomes totally silent. Rather unrealistic and that is why we added environmental sounds to the Beaver. When the engine is off and you are on the ground, sound files will be played. Depending on the type of surface the aircraft is on, one of 4 sounds is selected. You’ll find these in the FS2004MainDirAerosoftSounds folder. You can edit them if you like. If you prefer to have these sounds removed, let us know and we’ll provide silent ones.

I have tried everything I know to get help from these people at Aerosoft to get the “silent ones”. NOTHING! Someone please help.

Hello MrHobbit,

I,m attaching the sound files to this post. Unzip the file and then just copy the four sound files to your *:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AerosoftSounds folder.

You must be logged on to see the attachment.

Could you tell me how long ago and who you contacted at Aerosoft to get the files please so I can check into it.

• Upvote 1

Hi SAF:

Thank you for the Silent Files. I am having a bit of trouble installing them however. I'm 70 years old and do not understand a lot about Zipped Files.

I managed to open the ZIPPED Folder you sent me and have access to the four Silent Files and have saved them to "My Documents" folder.

I'm not sure how to proceed from here. I tried to copy all four at the same time and paste them into the Folder that comtained the Live sound Files. That did not work. Must I delete the Old sound files first?

Could you send me a step by step explanation of how it's done please.

E-mail might be better for this. You decide. Sorry if I am causing you a lot of trouble, I do love the DHC-2 Beaver howver.

Thank you for what ever help you can give me.

I will try to get you the E-mail I sent to AreoSoft

MrHobbit

Hello MrHobbit,

I,m attaching the sound files to this post. Unzip the file and then just copy the four sound files to your *:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AerosoftSounds folder.

You must be logged on to see the attachment.

Could you tell me how long ago and who you contacted at Aerosoft to get the files please so I can check into it.

Hi SAF:

It seems that I do not have a copy of an e-mail to AreoSoft concerning the “Silent Files Matter”. I had written to SimMarket, the place where I purchased DHC-2 & Victoria Harbour. I think they refered me to Areosoft but I may not have contacted them. I’m sorry if I was a bit confused.

MrHobbit

Hello Mr Hobbit, I was passing through and thought I'd offer a little help in Shauns obvious absence.

I managed to open the ZIPPED Folder you sent me and have access to the four Silent Files and have saved them to "My Documents" folder.

Ok, you have started off fine. If you unzipped to "My Documents" you will have a folder there now called "Silent Sounds" and within this you should have the four individual sounds "Bush, Snow, Tarmac and Water".

I tried to copy all four at the same time and paste them into the Folder that comtained the Live sound Files. That did not work. Must I delete the Old sound files first?

Ok, you have all the four files it seems which then need to be added to the folder *:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AerosoftSounds folder. where * is replaced by your hard drive letter. By default it's normally "C" and I've included a picture of my folder, blown up a little with the path to mine showing at the top.

You should be able to copy (or cut, right click with mouse for these options) each new file or all four together, and then paste them directly into the Aerosoft/Sounds folder, which would then give you a warning asking if you'd like to overwrite the originals.

To avoid overwriting the originals, you may like to create a new folder in the "Aerosoft/Sounds" folder called something similar to "Original files", and then cut the original files and paste them into this folder, and then copy the new files into the "aerosoft/sounds folder". This method would also allow you to see instantly whether your copy worked.

I'm not sure if this has helped or confused you even more and Shaun I'm sure will be back soon if you are still stuck.

Best of luck.

Thank You So Much Nick C.

I had a heck of a time trying to get those sound files into the AreoSoft “Sound Folder but finely made it. I first had to transfer the original Sound Files I did not want, into a another folder that I named “SOUND REJECTS”. That left the Original SOUND folder empty. Then I had to put a copy of the entire Zipped Folder into that Orignal Sound Folder and OPEN the Zipped Folder right in that folder! Then I simply deleted the Zipped Folder container after I had taken the sound flies out and placed them alongside the Zipped Folder in the Sound Folder. Whewwww.

I’m not sure I did it 100 % right but it works. I no longer have to listen to those sound tracks and I do not get the “Boink Sound” from the originals when they had been taken out or disabled. .

I still have a copy of the “Silent Sound” Files in my “My Documents” folder. I kept a copy of those. Thanks again Nick C. I would have never gotten it without your help and also Shaun. Thanks so much.

MrHobbit

You found a means to an end which is excellent.

I'm a little unsure as to why you could not easily delete or overwite the originals though (although backing them up is the best way), I wonder if it's to do with administrator permissions/settings on your machine....Shaun?

Hi Again Nic:

Ya........That seemed strange. usually you can replace files and your asked if you want to replace the files that are there. but that did not hapen in this case. For some reason I could not get the paste command to work. it was grayed out even though i tied many times. I CUT, I COPIED, and still I was unable to PASTE!

So........... I removed the original files and put them into another folder that I made. Now the orignal folder was empty and I COULD move the Silent Files into the orignal folder.

Strange but that is how I had to do it.

Thanks Again Nick .......... WOW!! You even posted a picture of your file system.

That was great.

You found a means to an end which is excellent.

I'm a little unsure as to why you could not easily delete or overwite the originals though (although backing them up is the best way), I wonder if it's to do with administrator permissions/settings on your machine....Shaun?

The other option is to try the keyboard shorcuts, where once selected (this works in most programmes) you can use "CTRL+C" to copy or "CTRL+X" to cut and "CTRL+V" to paste.