VFR student new to PFPX/TOPCAT - Cessna 172SP

Hi,

I just purchased PFPX+TOPCAT and would like to know if I  could get advice on setting them up for a Cessna 172SP.

I understand that I need to manually manage some configuration files and adjust them from my POH:

1) I have found the PFPX Data directory with AircraftTypes and AircraftTemplates directories

--- The template directory hold text files so I can try to reverse engineer that looking at threads on the subject

--- The Types directory has text files as well as binary files (*.per) - I have started looking at the text format and am assuming not knowing the 'per' format should not be an issue.

2) I have found the TOPCAT directory with Configurations and Aircraft directories

--- The Configurations directory has text files while the Aircraft directory only has binary files (*.acft)

A-) Can I safely assume that I can achieve my purpose ?

B-) Any advice on how to approach this ?

C-) assuming A and B are good - are there some fields that, while not mandatory, I would not be able to modify and just have a "display/gui" impact (ex: Engine type)

D-) As PFPX uses TOPCAT for the take-off and they do not share their database I figured I'd start by getting TOPCAT setup: The documentation page 16 on the "Aircraft Types" says "Use the delete button ... Install new type to add ..." - I do not see those buttons

C-) For PFPX I just found the "template guide" which addresses half of my questions ?

Any advice most welcome.

Regards,

Philippe

Archived