Airbus X Connect Extend

insert_name

Hi, 

this software wont open.  I did a search here and on google but I cant find anything.  I get the following error.

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.  Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe for more detail.

I also can not find the event log and running sxstrace.exr does nothing at all.

I started on WIn 7 pro (64) and upgraded to Win 10 pro to try and sort it.

I am only new to this, i was hoping that after i spent the $$$ on the software it would be plug and play - it has been anything but.  

Shorty i start an airbus conversion course so wanted to get as much practice/study done at home first.

i am running P3D V3

Asus GTX750

8GB Ram

has anyone else had this issue, how do i fix this?

Thanks! 

Insert_Name,

Welcome to the Aerosoft Forums and Flight Simulation Community!

It's all in how one words their search.  I used "Aerosoft Airbus  application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect" and came up with directly relevant information on this error message.

With the Aerosoft Airbus, you have ventured into the intermediate, study level area of Flight Simulation (perhaps one of the most rewarding area of flight simulation) where we push the base simulator far beyond where it was initially designed.  As such, there is no such thing as "Plug & Play" at this level.  Developers work VERY HARD to ensure the software itself is terrific, but as you'll see from the error description it's your system that likely needs updating.  This leads to the next level of user awareness, which is that one has to gain a deeper level of understanding of their system. The next level of awareness will be studying and learning the aircraft. It's all very much worth it to fly an aircraft that so closely matches the real thing. 

Please click on the link below and see the very first search result (like you, I used Google).

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Aerosoft+Airbus+%20application+has+failed+to+start+because+its+side-by-side+configuration+is+incorrect

I wish you the very best, and again welcome to the community!

thanks, i did about 5 different searches. 

also in the last few hours i uninstalled and reinstalled the aerosoft software and P3D.

uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft C++

Still no luck

i found one other thread on google now.  BTW the search function on the forum site was no good at all.  google got me there. Seems there is no fix to this.  

i think i will bite the bullet and buy A3XX and wait for the USB key to be posted.  I didn't realize there were so many issues with this software. 

Archived