A SAR helicopter for Helgoland?

Welmux

Now when the Helgoland scenery is going to be released in near future (hopefully tomorrow :D ), i've been searching for a suitable SAR helicopter for Helgoland.

The problem is that the real SAR copters used in Helgoland are Sikorsky S61 Sea King Mk 41 and there isn't too much available. I think that the AlphaSim model might be the best, but there is no paint for the german SAR version.

Does anyone know, whether there's somewhere available a german SAR paint for AlphaSim's or some other Sea King?

I actually noticed in another forum that Sascha has been creating SAR missions for the Helgoland scenery. I just wander for which helicopter they are?

Btw, i'm a little confused about this particular chopper. Sometimes it's called Sikorsky S61, sometimes Sea King, sometimes SH-3 Seaking and even Westland Seaking. Could someone explain the differences between these?

I recall seeing at least the old grey German SAR colors floating around, but can't find it anymore. Best you ask in the alphasim forum.

There is also a freeware version (I haven't tried it) here: http://www.surclaro.com/downloads_c24_380_hitsA.html

BTW, the Sea King was designed by Sikorsky, where it is called the S61. The same thing was built under license by Westland in the UK. The US military designation is SH-3 (SH=antisubmarine helicopter, AFAIK).

• Aerosoft
Now when the Helgoland scenery is going to be released in near future (hopefully tomorrow :D ), i've been searching for a suitable SAR helicopter for Helgoland.

The problem is that the real SAR copters used in Helgoland are Sikorsky S61 Sea King Mk 41 and there isn't too much available. I think that the AlphaSim model might be the best, but there is no paint for the german SAR version.

Does anyone know, whether there's somewhere available a german SAR paint for AlphaSim's or some other Sea King?

I actually noticed in another forum that Sascha has been creating SAR missions for the Helgoland scenery. I just wander for which helicopter they are?

Btw, i'm a little confused about this particular chopper. Sometimes it's called Sikorsky S61, sometimes Sea King, sometimes SH-3 Seaking and even Westland Seaking. Could someone explain the differences between these?

The mission is flown with the default Bell chopper.

Hi Ville,

Honestly I must admit that there is no really suitable chopper included in this mission. The mission itself uses the default Swedish (!) SAR Bell because this is the most suitable one that FSX offers by default.

We could have added one "Quick and Dirty" chopper but you will know that we only release high-quality addons like our Seahawk and it would have taken at least a year to get a similar SeaLynx done... :(

Bests,

Sascha

We could have added one "Quick and Dirty" chopper but you will know that we only release high-quality addons like our Seahawk and it would have taken at least a year to get a similar SeaLynx done... :(

Sascha

No problem, i understand that very well. I didn't expect you to create a high-quality chopper for the Helgoland scenery.

Update, current German Navy repaints of the Alphasim SeaKing can be found here: http://va-luftrettung.de/

Thanks a lot for this information. The only thing is that i have to join

the VA Luftrettung and ICARO to be able to download. But i'll think

about that. I have the Alphasim Sea King and i tested it today

in FsX. Although the model is a bit old and not as good as the newest

ones, it works in FsX without problems and the VC is actually quite good.