AES airstairs and marshaller

Rafal Haczek

Guten Abend!

I've bought another credit pack for AES today to enjoy more airports.

I've made two delightful flights. One from Munich to Frankfurt and the other to Barcelona.

However, on this occasion, two questions came to my mind. I'd like to share them with you here.

1. Some gates are assigned as stands in parking areas. There are no jetways of course. Wouldn't it be great to add the approaching airstairs feature? After stopping the aircraft and opening the door we could get the airstairs-truck coming for pax, just like in real life. I believe this feature shouldn't be time-consuming or difficult to make for you at all and would add even more to this wonderful product.

2. Sometimes I seem to have some problems with seeing marshallers. When they cross their arms overhead for the stop sign, I cannot see them from the cockpit (that's exactly what happened to me at El Prat a quarter ago). I have to go outside the plane to spot view to see the final moments of marshalling. I do have a correct intelliscene file. Is this normal?

Best regards,

Rafal

Hi Rafal,

When this has happened to me, I tend to use shift-enter and control-enter to change my viewpoint in the cockpit. Would this possibly help you?

Cheers,

Ian P.

What are you flying? I've never had that happen with anything I've flown, from a Kingair to a B747-400. :?

And just to rule it out, you have set up the aircraft with AESHelp, if it isn't one of the defaults?

Ian P.

Well, that was an A319 from IFDG which I had previously configured with the AES "Set Aircraft Parameters".

Sorry for posting the problem here instead of the Customer Support subforum, but I initially wanted to mention the idea of interactive airstairs. :wink:

Best regards,

Rafal

EDIT: I've returned to the same gate at LEBL a moment ago and used another aircraft. This time I could see the marshaller much better.

So I will reconfigure my A319's file as it looks like I may have made a mistake causing the problem.

Hi Jeroen!

Thanks for posting.

Yes, I've seen your post before, but didn't notice anything about the airstars.

Someone could say it's just an eye-candy, but since all the AES idea could be called an eye-candy-like addon, this feature would implement even more realism to what it does to our flights. Luggage trucks and other vehicles are welcome too, of course.

Frankly speaking I've been waiting for a product like AES for all my looong years of flightsimming. I don't treat MFS like a pure aircraft simulator (I've been to a real one and it cannot be compared). Hard to explain but it's rather a complex "aviation simulation". We simulate not only the aircraft's behaviour, but also the terrain (with detailed mesh, seasonal tree textures, etc), weather (thanks to AS6), interactive control (viva VATSIM!) and, of course, the airport functioning. Realistic boarding, pushback, load and followme were always missing.

Today again I finished up being sent by ATC to a gate which appeared to be a stand only and I had to end up with making the pax use the emergency slide... :wink:

Best regards,

Rafal

P.S. another idea I can't stop thinking about is the co-operation between AES and VATSIM.

Haven't tried yet. Has anyone :?: