2ng GO AROUND (CHKLST blocked on GO AROUND ACTIVE)

GEK_the_Reaper

Hello all,

I've been enjoying the A320 since a while now and started to test more of the systems. Doing so I found some maybe called bugs. The first of them refers to GO AROUND (covered in this topic).

If you try to land at a busy airport and have to perform a GO AROUND, the system performs well on first attempt. The co-pilot reads the checklist even, switches things for you if you have activated the co-pilot function. So basicaly a perfect simulation of the procedure! The checklist also switches by itself for the second approach procedure.

On a second landing attempt if you have to perform a GO AROUND, the checklist remains stuck by displaying that you are in GO AROUND mode. Co-pilot stops reading the checklist, flipping the switches and so on. Basicaly after you push the thrust levers to GO AROUND, nothing seems to work on the co-pilot side. You can still fly the plane but you are the only soul in the cockpit.

More stranger is the fact that after you land and exit the runway, all the switches flip (click) very fast as if the co-pilot (if active) is performing the after landing procedure but very fast.

Update: I think the problem lies in the timing when you start the GA procedure.

Yesterday I managed to make 5 consecutives GA but all started after the MINIMUMS call. They all went perfect.

Maybe a question to the insiders or experienced Bus flyers: Is there a specific timing when the "loop" APP-FINAL-GA is activated? In other words: do you have to pass a certain point towards the landing attempt for the checklist to work properly?

I will try other GA starting points like: before MINIMUMS, call for 2000 and so on.

Ok guys. It's like this: If you don't get to the point where the landing checklist is triggered, then it get's stuck on "Activated go around" mode if you perform a GA. Since the LA chklst is triggered very late (close to touchdown), it would make more sense if the GA loop could pe performed after starting hitting the final approach phase.

In other words.

If you make GA after the co-pilot reads the landing chklst, all works well and the chklst are triggered in the correct order.

Activating GA before the LA chklst, right MCDU remains stuck at the GA procedure and no other chklst is triggered.

Request on dev team: please widen the correct timing at least to the point where you are on final or to the point where you activate the APP phase on the left MCDU. It happens very often that you have to call a missed approach (which is much earlier as a actual GA just seconds before touchdown).

Thank you.

Regards

Gerald

Archived