PC hardware for P3D: Is the cheaper choice good enough?

Hello everybody. I have decided to get myself a new PC that can run Prepar3d without any problems incl addons (25 or more at fps)
So my problem is that i got a very tight budget to get this new pc, but i have still managed to find some hardware components that i hope can match the more expensive ones, and that's why i want to ask you guys for help...

The cheaper choice:
- I7 4820k 3,7 Ghz
- GTX 950
- 8gb memory 1866mhz

The little bit more expensive choice for me:
- i7 4790k 4,0 Ghz
- GTX 960
(Same memory)

So my question is if i chose the cheaper solution, would that hardware then run P3D same as good as the more expensive solution? ( i have researched alot in the differences between the to different GPU's and the two CPU's and my conclusion was that the two CPU's are almost similar in capability, and at the Gpu's the gtx960 might run p3d smoother, but can i go for the cheaper version to run P3D?
Regards

Andreas

Hello everybody. I have decided to get myself a new PC that can run Prepar3d without any problems incl addons (25 or more at fps)

So my problem is that i got a very tight budget to get this new pc, but i have still managed to find some hardware components that i hope can match the more expensive ones, and that's why i want to ask you guys for help...

The cheaper choice:

- I7 4820k 3,7 Ghz

- GTX 950

- 8gb memory 1866mhz

The little bit more expensive choice for me:

- i7 4790k 4,0 Ghz

- GTX 960

(Same memory)

So my question is if i chose the cheaper solution, would that hardware then run P3D same as good as the more expensive solution? ( i have researched alot in the differences between the to different GPU's and the two CPU's and my conclusion was that the two CPU's are almost similar in capability, and at the Gpu's the gtx960 might run p3d smoother, but can i go for the cheaper version to run P3D?

Regards

Andreas

I have an i7 2.66 oc 3.7 with 12gb ram and gtx 750 in p3d 3.1 with water off and scenery complex to normal it is incredibly smooth. Go for the 16 ram!!

Enviado desde mi C6903 mediante Tapatalk

On 3/7/2016 at 11:43 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

The difference between the two for P3d use will be mainly the in the Graphics card. I would use the 960 and the cheaper CPU.

Thanks for the answers. I assume that if i then pick the i7 4820k with GTX 960, that would be good enough to run P3D? and will overclocking be necassary?
What about a even cheaper solution if i pick the i5 6600k for example, will it run same as good? or will i need to overclock here.

Thanks!

Regards

Andreas

• Deputy Sheriffs

Overclocking will ofcourse bring you more resources but P3D does use the GPU more then FSX ever did. It would be good to read through the forums on what CPU would be good enough to use for P3D. From what I know FSX would use an i5 just as good as an i7 but no idea what P3D does. Here's a link that might be of use: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=6315&sid=bfd0dbf0733147cc5de64bee58860746

Archived