Dublin Airport issues

Birkster

I have recently bought Dublin Airport & have a couple of problems.

1. During approach in day light I have difficulty in seeing runways & normally don't see them until less than 1 mile to touchdown, this is regardless of which runway I'm using.

2. Tried a night landing last night rwy 28 & did not have approach or runway lights but could see taxi lights. When I landed & was about to exit runway, runway lights came on.

I have looked at various posts for similar problems one for Madeira to change RWY base BGL to old but have noticed in Dublin folder Rwy Lights is FSX BGL is this correct?

I also have Playsim VFR for east Ireland installed could this cause visual problems on approach?

I have several other Aerosoft airport add ons but don't have any issues with them.

Any ideas?

Sirs I am also having problems with Mega Airport Dublin.

Despite following the installation instructions to the letter I am not seeing the scenery at all - see below:

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition
    F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX

Mega Airport Dublin
    F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX\aerosoft\Mega Airport Dublin

ApplicationData User (FSX.cfg/dll.xml):
    C:\Users\georg\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE
ApplicationData All Users (Scenery.cfg):
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE
Optional:
    plus ORBX FTX Ireland
    with High resolution (Texture)
    without animated flags

The Dublin Scenery doesn't appear in my FSX Scenery list - any ideas anyone?

Please login to display this image.

• 1 month later...

Hi - I have exactly the same problem (and even have my Steam library on the same F:\ drive). Can't see the airport and trying the run the airport configuration program it says that it can't find fsx-se.cfg ...

Any thoughts...?

Cheers

I can't edit my post above - but solved this by telling the installer to install for FSX, even though I have switched to FSX:SE, and it found the correct Steam installation folders and config files. These are named on my system the same as the standard FSX ones (ie no _SE suffix) - maybe because I had no legacy FSX install as it's a new machine?

Cheers

:)

Archived