Mute sounds on lost focus

Why the airbuses suffers by this bug? It will be ever fixed? It's ruining the immersion, everytime I click on EFB the thing gonna mute (a reason of why I can't stream the Airbus).

Note: the PMDG 737 works fine, and it uses a external sound engine as well.

This is not an Airbus Bug. What you are experiencing is that when FSX is not the "Active Window" the FSX sounds will not be heard.  Example:  FSX is the active windows and you can hear sounds associated with FSX. If you click or open another window the FSX sounds are then lost until you click back into FSX.

There is a Flight1 program called Sound Stream which will prevent FSX sounds from being lost when you click/open another window however it does not yet work for FSX Steam or P3D (only the FSX Boxed version).

In regards to the NGX using an External Sound Engine... I've had the NGX since it was released and in every flight I've made with the NGX the Active Window issue still occurs.  Note:  There is an FSX bug that occurs every once in a while where FSX sounds will can still be heard when FSX is not the active window, but to my knowledge nobody has ever isolated this.  Maybe that is what you've experienced, but if so it should not occur after your next reboot. The only way I know to solve this is to use Sound Stream. 

I stream all of my flights (and have for many years) and I've spent more time researching this matter trying to find a solution other than Sound Stream (since I run FSX:SE) and I've not found any other solution.

Best wishes.

No, be sure that 737 and 777 from PMDG doesn't looses their sounds when the window loses the focus (with p3d v3 and the option do not mute the sounds on lost focus enabled), that's why I asked why the same doesn't happen for the airbuses from aerosoft and if something could be done (without using external apps...).

• Aerosoft

Exactly what sounds are lost? The standard FSX sounds or our ASC sounds?  If you refer to the standard FS engine sounds it is exactly as Dave wrote, that's how Microsoft programmed it. We use the standard FSX sound engine for many sounds and have no plans to change this.  As it is standard behavior of FSX we do not regard this a bug.

If it bugs you I suggest to talk to Dovetails and Lockheed. Both are actively listening to users.

4 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Exactly what sounds are lost? The standard FSX sounds or our ASC sounds?  If you refer to the standard FS engine sounds it is exactly as Dave wrote, that's how Microsoft programmed it. We use the standard FSX sound engine for many sounds and have no plans to change this.  As it is standard behavior of FSX we do not regard this a bug.

If it bugs you I suggest to talk to Dovetails and Lockheed. Both are actively listening to users.

I think I lose all your "custom" (engine?) sounds... I only hear a subtle engine sound (or whatever it is.. ambient sound..), you also lose any custom ATC sound etc. You can check this by watching any twitch streaming out there (as soon they switch to an external window, or to a second monitor, the audio is being "muted" apart the subtle background), or you may ask to Dave above here.

This is not happening with the PMDG aicrafts.. that's why I asked if there's a way to have them working the same way.

EDIT: actually I found a similar topic and a reply: 

..that is quite laughable if you ask to me, I mean it's not because Aerosoft are "cheap" you can't do the same? I'm confused.. :)

• Deputy Sheriffs

There is nothing be be confused about or laughable at here. If AS would do the same as others they would also have to ask for the same price as others. As they are doing less in certain areas they can also sell their stuff for a lower price.

This is simple "market 1x1".

I didn't known that Airbuses from Aerosoft were budget products, I believed that you were going to purchase the top notch in this category, but thanks for the explanation.

Also, I'm not sure what's the money perception here, it costs 43€ ... not two cents.

• Aerosoft

I believe you got top notch. We for sure do not know of any other A320 that is better.  

And while we do not call them budget product we do try very much to sell them at a modest price and we do not want to get close to the $90 price range that other companies prefer.  That decision however does mean we focus on other things. For example in the A320 range of products we fully focus on the task of day to day flying. We do not do a full systems simulation because that would mean spending a lot of time on things that are simply not used in day to day flying of for things that have almost never been used on the real aircraft. To give an example, we did not model the RAT because in many millions of real airbus flying it has only been extended one time. 

For the fact you loose all engine sounds when FSX is not in focus I believe you should talk to Microsoft. That's how Microsoft designed it. I am sorry you are disappointed that we did not 'correct' that. We do not see it as a bug and as there are hundreds upon hundreds of people who uploaded videos it also does not seem to bother them much.

Archived