Can't refuel

reflected

I have this problem in bot FSX and P3D.

When I spawn a tanker with TacPack I just extend the probe, fly lose enough to the drogue and the refuelling begins (I can only verify by switching to the sparrowhawk HUD though)

However, when spawn the tanker from the F-14 menu, nothing happens when I fly close behind (like within 5 feet of the drogue). Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Tested and now remember the refueling takes place closer to the tanker, stabilizing the probe in or near the basket doesn't work. I actually moved forward enough to have the basket inside the VC before I noticed fuel flow. Reference datum probably needs to be adjusted.

I just tested and was able to receive fuel. The datum is actually set at the point where the probe meets the basket, the problem is that the simulator start clipping the model from the VC perspective. Hindsight, we were probably too strict with the distance band, so go ahead and try the attached file (should be a drop in replacement).

This will make it into the service pack.

F14_AI.dll

Hmm, I didn't think anything changed between release and this, and I was just testing it on my machine without an issue.

It will probably just have to come with the update then. But, the 'window' of acceptable distance from the basket has doubled.

The tanker shows up with the new file, but I'm still not receiving fuel. Also, the basket starts disappearing at much larger distances from the VC now:

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

The only difference in that compared to the original release dll was a '3' was changed to a '6' in the region defining a successful hook-up. I even tested it in v3.1 before posting.

It shouldn't have anything to do with the basket model getting clipped, because the dll is just a numerical code script and the model clipping is an effect related to the simulator graphics engine.

it sounds like there is something else at play, but I'm not sure what.

Think I've got it. The jet is receiving fuel, but you are probably cuing off the 'Refuelling' message in the B model HUD.

The problem is with the HUD message, not fuel transfer. Bring up the Mini-HUD at [Shift+1] and I'm willing to bet that you'll the the 'BASKET' message at top-center plus rising fuel numbers on the right side.

You were right! Texaco was open after all, I just didn't get a receipt :)

It's the HUD that doesn't display the flow, but if I check the fuel qty, it's increasing.

Many thanks for taking the time to help, especially in what might be the busiest period of time for you developers.

Archived