P3D Academic license?

dillonh.wy

How do I go about getting a Prepar3d Academic license? What proof do I need to show them, if any at all? I go to school, have a valid student ID, and I'm also a member of Civil Air Patrol, if that helps. I aspire to be a pilot and want something to train with, so how do I go about acquiring an academic license? Thanks!  

Is there any difference between it and the professional version?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Professional is more military oriented and less compatible with addons. Check at p3d site.

Enviado desde mi C6903 mediante Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, gflorez said: .... and less compatible with addons.

What a nonsense. Or do you have any proof for that comment?

Tacpack is only for academic for ex. It is the best solution for simmers. Pmdg aerosoft and ftx will work for this version too.

Enviado desde mi C6903 mediante Tapatalk

So all the same addons that work for Profesional will work for Academic, right? I use PMDG, ORBX, Majestic, ASN, and a bunch more of the big developers.

13 hours ago, dillonh.wy said:

So all the same addons that work for Profesional will work for Academic, right? I use PMDG, ORBX, Majestic, ASN, and a bunch more of the big developers.

All work fine. If your a general simmer. Academic is the one for you. The tiny text at the top right (watermark) is not offensive at all.

Just remember not all products are compatible with V3 just yet. All devs are working hard to update their products. 

• Aerosoft
14 hours ago, pgreenwo said:

You just purchase it. No ID or proof required

Lockheed always said they consider every flightsimmer a person who is learning more about flight. In other words a student. Use of the academic license is fully legal for you.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Guys, this is an Aerosoft forum, so why don't you go over to the developers website as they are the only one that can give a valid answer? ;)

7 hours ago, mopperle said:

Guys, this is an Aerosoft forum, so why don't you go over to the developers website as they are the only one that can give a valid answer?

Absolutely on the money. I was thinking this from seeing the Topic before I read the thread, and continued to think this as I read through the thread.  It's always the bst place to start.

Now that doesn't mean there aren't some very experienced people here who are happy to help, but if you have a question about another developers software (not managed by Aerosoft) then that really is the best place to go.

Something else Mopperle touched on... be VERY, VERY CAREFUL about taking advice that doesn't come directly from a developer or their staff.  There are a lot of people who are eager to help, but not everyone's advice is accurate.

Anyway, looks like the question was answered, so let's go fly!

Best wishes to all, and Happy Flights!

Archived