Beaver X - POP up GPS

peterhayes

HI

I have purchased the DHC Beaver for FSX and it works beautifully. I wanted to assign a "SHIFT + 2" key to allow me to have the GPS 295 to pop up to save me me zooming in on the inbuilt model each time to ensure I an on track. It works well but there is a black line at the base of the screen which sometimes flashes white-black and so on. Any ideas how I can get a pop up GPS 295 and not have this black line? I edited the panel.cfg file to achieve this effect.

I have attached a screenshot to show what I mean.

Thanks

PeterH

• Aerosoft
HI

I have purchased the DHC Beaver for FSX and it works beautifully. I wanted to assign a "SHIFT + 2" key to allow me to have the GPS 295 to pop up to save me me zooming in on the inbuilt model each time to ensure I an on track. It works well but there is a black line at the base of the screen which sometimes flashes white-black and so on. Any ideas how I can get a pop up GPS 295 and not have this black line? I edited the panel.cfg file to achieve this effect.

I have attached a screenshot to show what I mean.

Thanks

PeterH

I was exactly the reason I did not add that popup. I have no idea what causes the black line at the bottom, for now I think it is a bug in FSX. When we got SP1 I will look at it again.

But of course there is the zoomed in view defined now in the VC, the only disadvantage is that it can not be undocked.

I have the same dark stripe on my VC panel.

I installed a "cockpit Commander" pop-up screen on the Beaver and got the same black stripe on the bottom of my screen.

It seems to be an issue with only the Beaver. I have installed the same pop-up on all my other FSX planes and only see the issue with this plane.

I suspect it has to do with some of the yet undiscovered subtilties of programming in FSX. To me, this is a minor issue in that I only use my pop-up for short periods of time and then close it again - hence, the black stripe doesn't impact me much.

:D

• 1 month later...
Hi

If u change in this in panel.cfg it takes the black line away.

[Default View]

X=0

Y=0

SIZE_X=8192

SIZE_Y=5300 ---> change this to 6200

Yeppers!!! - A lot FS2004 planes flown in FSX have this black line problem. That PANEL.CFG is definitely the solution/fix 8)

Note you can also try changing "Y" size to 6144 too...