PFPX flight plan to Active Sky Next

So I was setting up a flight plan in Active Sky Next to correspond with my chosen route in PFPX, when I noticed there was an option to load an existing flight plan into ASN, which would save me having to do it manually. However, when I checked the export options in PFPX, there doesn't seem to be a tick box for ASN. I can't remember the format ASN asks for (I'm not at my PC right now, although I think it may have been *.pln) but I'm assuming one of the export options in PFPX will export as the version I need for ASN.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Hello Neal,

I do not know if there is a need to enter the FPL into ASN as when you'll fly following your PFPX FPL the weather is going to be accordingly to the WPs that you are flying over.

Anyway, as far as I know from the ASN documentation (enclosed) the format used is FS9 / FSX / prep3D and is .pln.

Regards,

JP

ASN FPL.pdf

2 hours ago, Norman said:

ASN imports the .pln

Thanks Norman, that's what I thought. However I'm not sure which option I need to check when exporting from PFPX that will allow me to export it as a .pln file.

2 hours ago, jpgmultimodal said:

Hello Neal,

I do not know if there is a need to enter the FPL into ASN as when you'll fly following your PFPX FPL the weather is going to be accordingly to the WPs that you are flying over.

Anyway, as far as I know from the ASN documentation (enclosed) the format used is FS9 / FSX / prep3D and is .pln.

Regards,

JP

ASN FPL.pdf

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I have PFPX configured to use ASN as it's weather engine, but I still need to use ASN to check what the weather is like at my departure and arrival airports (and to a lesser extent, waypoints en-route). In order to be able to check this, I need to enter a flight plan into ASN (although admittedly it's a very basic flight plan, and not a lot of extra work) but in ASN there is also an option to load a flight plan which would save me this bother. I was thinking, that when I export my flight plan, when I check the Airbus option (which allows me to load it into the MCDU) there should be a similar option I can check that allows me to load it into ASN.

I'll have a look through the list of available options again tonight. I completely missed that part of the user documentation :wacko::rolleyes:

Guys

ASN/OPUS will auto load a FP that has been loaded in the SIM(any).  Only thing you have to do in ASN is set it to auto load (Settings>General options>Auto load simulator flight plan).  OPUS does it automatically.B)

Try this

1. Load either ASN or OPUS....This is the Key, has to be loaded BEFORE the SIM is started

2. Start SIM of choice

3. Load a FP using the SIM menu

What do you see in your weather program.......Yep the route  ^_^

Now, the key is using a 3rd party program, that you setup and with one button press, Weather program starts, then SIM (FP auto loads into SIM AND weather program, ATC program starts).  I like things simple.:rolleyes:

Oh...just export your FP from PFPX in FSX format (.pln)

On 22.2.2016 at 11:14 PM, alpha117 said:

What do you see in your weather program.......Yep the route

That's right, I'm afraid. However, filing a FP in ASN could be a basis for some kind of better interpolation probably (at least I hope so  :unsure:). Loading it first into your sim is IMO usually nothing you really want, except you're not flying one of the PFPX supported products and want it being loaded into a standard (or a pimped standard) GPS. Well, I'd expressed before rather a hope than a certainty. When following the history of ASN it seems that they first wanted to go the same way as REX (flight planning, textures, you name it), but the planning feature allows a complete weather briefing for your route.

Finally: I think loading PFPX generated flight plans from FSX into ASN is even easier than doing it in the sim directly.

Archived